Chapter 54

—————Damian's POV: —————

It was dark outside still as Percy and I sat in the backseat of the car. Percy was asleep on my shoulder as we drove slowly to her camp. In the trunk was all her stuff, including two duffle bags worth of stuff excluding her backpack.

Her breathing was light as she rested against me comfortably. I glanced at her face, her face looking so peaceful.

The place Percy went to for camp was a bit of a strange location. A strawberry patch used for commercial practice, yet it holds kids inside during the summers. It was a strange idea sure but I suppose if kids were as dedicated as Percy was to this place than it could definitely stay in business, though Percy's mother had already paid enough money to apparently support her for years to come. Bruce had tried to pay for her entrance fee but Percy had told us that this was the one thing her mother splurged on, to the point she had years of free attendance lined up. It was a bit mind boggling actually.

As we turned around a familiar bend in the road I turned to Percy and gently pushed her shoulder. It took a moment but eventually she raised her head up, her eyes still practically closed as she yawned and looked around. I felt a little bad for keeping her up last night with that movie, but once she got to camp I hoped she could get a little more shut eye.

"Hey, we're close." I said quietly. She nodded, rubbing her eye lightly. I smiled as she turned to me.

"You make a lovely pillow." She said quietly.

"Thank you, I appreciate that." She huffed out a short laugh.

"I think I appreciate it a lot more than you do."

We pulled up to the hill where Percy was always dropped off at. I got out before her, helping her out of the car as she was still sleepy.

We moved to the trunk where Alfred was already unloading everything.

"You need help bringing this to your cabin?" I asked. While yes I did want to help her because I was genuinely worried she was too sleepy to carry her things, I also wanted to know what this place was. I wanted to go with Percy, yes, but I also had obligations to Gotham that I couldn't just abandon.

She looked over to me with a small smile as she shook her head.

"It's a sweet offer but no, I'm okay." With ease she lifted her two duffle bags, I was slightly impressed not going to lie.

"You sure?" I asked once more. She smiled and nodded.

"Absolutely. I'll see you guys at the end of the summer. Tell everyone I'm going to miss them." I nodded.

"Okay." Alfred walked over and gave her a small hug before giving me a small nod and returning to the car. With Alfred gone I quickly walked over and gave Percy a small kiss on the cheek. "Have fun Percy."

She smiled. "I will Damian. You stay away from the homework, it's dangerous I tell you." She laughed at her own joke before looking at me for a moment. "Bye Damian."

"Bye Percy." With that she turned and walked up the hill and into camp. I waited outside until I couldn't see her anymore. When I got back in the car Alfred didn't say anything as we began to make the drive back.

—————

I tapped my foot quickly against the floor of the car, my eyes glued to the window like they had been for the last hour or so. We were on the way back to go get Percy from camp and I honestly couldn't wait a moment more.

Of course we'd talked over the summer through text and calls but it wasn't the same as seeing her smile every day. I hadn't realized how attached I'd grown to be of seeing Percy every day till she left for the summer.

As we pulled up to the hill though I nearly opened the door as the car was still moving when I saw Percy already walking down the hall.

When we came to a full stop I was the first out the door, quickly rushing over to Percy who held her signature smile on her face. I pulled her in for a hug as she dropped her bags to her sides, laughing as she wrapped her arms over my shoulders.

"Hey Dami." She said into my shoulder, her grip on me tight. "I missed you."

I smiled, lifting her off the ground slightly. "I missed you too Percy."

We stood like that for a moment before I set her back down. She took a step back and smiled at me, "so what fun things did you do while I was gone, and please do not tell me that all you did was homework." She said with a smile, grabbing my hand as I used my other hand to pick up one of her duffle bags.

Taking a look at her now it was clear to see that Percy looked tanner and more fit, her grip even now was stronger than before.

Percy looked over at me with a smile. "You got taller." She held her hand up as if measuring my height, and now that she mentioned it, I suppose I did have to look down a little further than before.

"I guess you're right." She chuckles.

"I often am."

"Not." I added in, she gave me a joking glare, her smile softly playing on her lips. I couldn't help but smile back. I had missed having her warm hand in my own, and being able to see her beautiful smile in the day light.

Sure I kept falling for her, but that didn't matter because as long as she was with me, I was happy.

The two of us walked back slowly, hand in hand, smiles on our faces.

—————
1000 words