12

ELIAS ACCIARDI watched as Coriolanus got dressed quickly

ELIAS ACCIARDI watched as Coriolanus got dressed quickly. He laid against the headboard of the bed with the blankets covering his lower half. They did this a lot now. Elias would come visit him in his bedroom. Then they would be in bed, smiling, laughing, telling secrets. He would spend the night and wake in the morning with Snow still in bed. Sometimes naked, sometimes not. But it really didn't matter to Elias. As long as he was with Coriolanus. Together. It was pleasant, he liked it. This routine they've built. Everyone noticed too. They weren't stupid. Especially Claire because she caught Snow sneaking out early in the morning. The conversation they had was like two girls gossiping about their relationships.

        Then he's gone, leaving Elias to fall back asleep until Claire is waking him up. They go back to his room. Getting him ready for the day. He's supposed to leave tomorrow. Back to his District. Acciardi would be excited but the thought of having to leave Coriolanus tugs at his heart slightly. Then he remembers his mother and how happy she'll be seeing him in person and not just hearing his voice over a phone. And Ivy and Nariah would be just as happy knowing he did actually come back.

        "You're thinking about something." Claire says brushing his hair back with a brush trying to see what would suit him best for the day. She glances up at the mirror wanting to see if Elias was going to avoid eye contact. He did.

        "It's nothing." Elias was quick to say, not really wanting to talk about anything. Or what was on his mind really.

        Claire hums in response. "I don't believe you." She says after a while. The brush was set down as she one of the draws wanting to find something.

Acciardi sighs out. "You never do."

        "That's because I can tell when you're lying. I've been a maid for so long.. it's something i've picked up over the years." Claire explains. "You'd be surprised." She mutters.

Elias stays quiet for a while. "I don't know if I can leave." He finally says. It felt weird saying it. Knowing that his mother would be disappointed. He thinks Ivy would be the most disappointed and he felt his heart tug slightly knowing that. Nariah would understand. They've talked about it.

        "Back to your District?" She asks. When Claire was met with silence she quickly realized her mistake. "Oh, yes. Silly me." A giggle left her lips. "Well.. the Capital is quite a sight. But I'm sure it has nothing to do with how beautiful the Capital can be."

        "Unfortunately, no." He utters.

        "I'm sure he wouldn't mind—" Claire tries saying only to be cut off.

        "Of course he wouldn't mind! I'm worried about my friends, Ivy, Nariah, and — and my mom." Acciardi stutters out getting upset. His outburst didn't surprise Claire but she still took a step back away from Elias to give him space. This is something she seemed to pick up. Giving him space was the best thing she could do. She understood. Claire always does. Elias quickly realized what he did and cleared his throat. "I— I didn't mean it. Sorry." The apology was half hearted but Claire was still happy he apologized.