Aeron I

A/n: A long Aeron chapter from me? I would never have thought.Also a bit more Aeron backstory. And nervous Aeron is a warning??
trēsy - son

Aeron stood in front of Lady Stark's tent. He was nervous. Well, anybody else who wasn't Daenyra made her nervous.

He pulled himself together. He was a man grown, a priest of R'hllor not a small child.

"Lady Stark? Amber asked me to accompany you."
"Ah. Aeron do come in sit." Lady Stark motioned to the chair next to her.
"Would you like something to drink?" she asked.
"Yes thank you."

They sat in silence.

"You know Aeron we have lived together for almost two years now and I don't know anything about you or Amber for that matter."
"There is not much to know about us, my Lady."
"Nonsense."
"More like people don't care to get to know us."
"What do you mean?"
"You know what I mean, my Lady. We are foreigners. Savages even in the eyes of this country. People are scared of us. Even of Amber." he began.
"Your family and yourself are scared of us, me especially."
"I-"
"There is no need to deny it, my lady. I see the look in your eyes. Amber ignores them. She doesn't want people afraid of her, she doesn't want her husband, siblings-in-law and her mother-in-law scared of her."
"And you Aeron?"

He was quiet.
"I don't want her to be afraid of me."
He didn't have to say a name, Catelyn Stark knew whom he was talking about.
"My biggest fear is that she will listen to the voices telling her that I am not a good person, that I am dangerous."
"But why?"
"She saved my life lady Stark. Had she not entered my life, I would've ended it. She gives me purpose."
"Purpose?"
"Yes. I cannot explain it but she is my light."

They were silent again.

"I do want to live without my light in Darkness and I feel like you would understand."
"I do."

The silence was now uncomfortable.

"Amber told us your mother was northern? or wasn't your father?" Catelyn asked after a while.
"My mother. But it isn't sure. She might've been from the Riverlands, the north or from Essos."
"Why isn't it sure?"
"My mother was a slave."
Catelyn Stark paled.
"I was a slave and Amber was a slave once."
"But Amber was with Maeker Targaryen."
"He was also a slave. but he got themselves free."
"Did they leave you?"
"It wasn't at the same time." Aeron clarified.

"Is your mother dead?" Catelyn asked.
"She is to me."
"You mustn't be like that. I wish my mother were alive."
"My mother abandoned me." he took a breath.
"But not this me." He pointed at himself.

"Adult me but child me.The version of myself who needed her. I needed the love only a mother could give but after five years I gave up the hope that she would return and get me."
Aeron could see in Catelyn Stark's face that she did not understand how someone could abandon their child.

"I tried to forget her but her face is still the last thing I see when I fall asleep."
"I haven't admitted this to anyone but I'm forgetting my mother's face more and more."
"That is your curse.Forgetting.Mine is remembering."

"What was your mother like?"
"Beautiful."
Lady Stark smiled.
"Long red hair, big red eyes.Eyes that could see into one's soul."
"So like yours?"
Aeron smiled.
"I am my mother's child."
"And your father?"
"I have no father."
"Like you have no mother?"
"No. My mother was a priestess."

"You remind me of my mother sometimes," Aeron said.
"How?" Lady Stark asked a bit offended.
"She loved me as fiercely as you love your children. Your hair, the softness in your eyes when you talk to one of your children. The love you bear them, my mother bore to me once. The most significant difference between the two of you is that you would never abandon them"