A sworn sword

A/n:A shorter one.The next chapter will be a "part 2" of sorts.It will focus on Maekar and Aeron as this was very Daenyra focused

297

Her days had been unadventurous.
it wasn't something she was used to.
Her whole life had been running away. She never lived in one place for long.
So being at Winterfell was..boring for her.

She lived in Asshai with the followers of the lord of light, in pentos with the Prince, in Braavos with the faceless men and so many more places.

She had many friends and many activities she could do. Here there was nothing and no one.
No one but her Shadowcat.
She wasn't even allowed to see her father.That might have been the worst thing.

Daenyra, here Amber, had to put on a polite, ladylike smile and suck up to the lady of this castle and her children.
She should suck up to the lord as well but she'd rather chop herself into pieces.

Robb, the heir, would be her husband.
When she did not know. She wished that day would never come. He was a child.

This day was as mundane as all others.
The Stark family, the bastard, and the hostage break their fast together every single day, much to her dismay.

She sat with her cat by her side and ate her bacon.
The girls were arguing about something but she didn't listen.
She didn't care about them or their arguments.

(she will love them.)

She looked around the table. Her eyes stopped at Jon.
He was Lord Stark's base born son.
They never talked.

He might not be allowed to,she thought.

He was pretty she observed.
almost... Valyrian.
Maybe his mother was from Lys but then again...there was something that reminded her of someone.
As if he felt her eyes on him, he moved to face her.
They looked at each other.
This would be the beginning of something.

"My Lord." a guard came in.
"I apologise for interrupting but there is a man at the gate," he said.
"What kind of man?"
"A man dressed in all red, with a heart-shaped ruby necklace. He asked for the lady Amber."

A priest of r'hllor.

"If he asked for me why don't you talk to me?" she asked.
She didn't wait for an answer.
Daenyra gathered her dress and walked outside.

"Amber you don't know who this man is he could be dangerous." lord stark stopped her.
"No follower of R'hllor would hurt me," she said.
"And you are not my father."

She walked to the gate with the Starks, Jon and Theon following her.

The man was in her eyesight and she felt...peaceful.

The man looked tense, annoyed.
As if he could sense her he turned around.

"Aeron?"
"Aeron!"

She pulled her dress higher and ran to him.
she almost jumped into his arms.
He caught her.
He always would.

They pulled away from each other when someone coughed.

Before anyone could ask Aeron dropped to his knees.
"I will do this in the Westerosi way so everyone understands." he began.

"I am yours, my lady.I shall keep your secrets, obey your commands, counsel you when requested and keep silent when not, I will defend your name and honour. I swear to ward you with all my strength and give my blood for yours. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I swear this to all the gods for the night is dark and full of terrors."

"That was the king's guard vows." ned stark said.

"I accept. I vow that you shall always have a place in my home and at my table and that I shall ask no service of you that might bring you dishonor. I swear by the lord of light for the nights are dark and full of terrors."

He stood, and she grabbed her dress again and walked back to the great hall without saying anything.
Aeron is right behind her.

She pulled a chair right next to hers and sat.
"Could you bring another plate?" she asked a maid.

Everyone sat back down but no one asked anything.
Most likely because of Aeron's frown.

The plate came with and she scooped half of her food onto his plate.
"Eat," she commanded.

it was quiet for a while until Aeron broke it.
"She will go and visit Prince Maekar," he stated to lord Stark.
"and she will bring him food," he added.

"No."Lord Stark said.
"Yes."

"No."
"Are you cruel Lord Stark? My fires tell me yes. One would think you would let her see Prince Maekar since you and your friend killed the knights protecting your sister. One of the nights was my lady's uncle, right?"
"Yes.My uncle Arthur." She said.
"How do you know that?" Lord stark asked tensed.
"My flames Lord stark. I know evrything there is to know."

"She will see her father."

Tears gathered in her eyes.
She would see her father again.
All because of a little boy she met when she was ten years old.

Aeron stood after and followed the maid who showed him where his room was. and began to settle in his new room.

"Aeron is from Asshai. He is my closest friend and most likely around the age of Theon though the beard makes him look older," she explained.
"Around the age of Theon? don't you know his age?"Lady Stark asked.
Daenyra heard Lady Catelyn say a quick prayer to her gods.What she said she couldn't make out.
"He doesn't know his age. He was the son of a slave."
"He is cold but nice," she added.
Lady Catelyn scoffed.

"Lady Catelyn I ask you to be polite. When i say he is nice then he is. Your own Husband is cold yet somewhat nice." She said assertively.

it was quiet after.
Daenyra had never been talked in such a way to anyone in Winterfell.

Aeron looked at the yard from the balcony when he felt a pull on his coat.
he looked down and saw the daughter of the ice lord.

"Hello, I'm Arya."
"I am Aeron nice to meet you."
and after that, the girl began to talk with no end in sight.
She took him by the hand and showed him winterfell and introduced him to everyone. At some point, she had strung her brother Jon along.

It was nice. Everyone had been scared of him in westeros. But not the little girl.

Daenyra helped prepare the meal for her father.
She had the maids make his favourites.
Before she went to visit him she assigns her household guards to watch over him.
She did care about Lord stark and his reaction.
She had Aeron now.

"Father?" she asked when she entered the cells.
"Nyra?"

She started to breathe heavily and walked faster.
Daenyra put the food down and opened the door (with the keys she stole from the northern guard).

when she saw him she began to sob.
Out of relief and pain.
Relief that she finally got to see and hold her dear father again but pain because he was.
He was skinny and sickly-looking.

"Kepa." she cried.
"my sweet girl," he said crying and stroking her hair.

he looked at her and saw his whole world.