Daenyra iii

The great hall of Winterfell was filled with wolves, stags, and lions.
She sat at the high table next to Lady Catelyn.
Sitting next to her, gave Daenyra comfort and safety even. Something she hasn't felt since her father's death.

Murder, not death.

As the queen finally arrived everyone stood up.
If her uncle Oberyn saw her, standing and bowing to a Lannister, he would make fun of her.
"Your grace" muttered both Lady Catelyn and Daenyra.
"Lady stark, lady Vernize"
"How do you like Winterfell lady amber?"
"It is beautiful your grace, though I most admit I do long for a city"
"Have you ever been to Lannisport?"
"I have your grace it was most magnificent"
After a moment she heard the Queens voice.
"I have been meaning to ask" The Queen started.
Daenyra sends her a questioning look.
The Queen's eyes trailed next to Daenyra to Aeron.
"Oh. He is my sword shield."
"Where is he from my lady"
"He is from Asshai your grace"
She could see the judgment in her eyes and she hated it.
"But his mother was from the north my Queen"
The Queen just looked at her and said nothing.

After that, they fell into a somewhat comfortable yet awkward silence.
The rest of the night went well expect for the food fight Arya wanted to start with Sansa.

Daenyra tossed around in her bed.
For some reason, she couldn't sleep.
Ser Knight who was awakened yet again wasn't very impressed.
She just shot the cat a sorry smile and petted him on his head.

She looked around for her coat, put on her boots, and stepped onto the hallways of Winterfell. "Aeron," she said in a surprised voice.
He had stood in front of her door all night.
"What are you doing here?"
"Protecting you"
She sent him a puzzled look
"I don't trust the Lannisters"
She just sighed.
"I will be fine. I will just sit there on the stairs and go back to sleep. And if we're on the topic of sleeping you should as well. I don't think these spells are healthy if you use them every day. Go to sleep"
She spoke in a way that indicated that she wasn't going to take no for an answer.
He sighed and she hugged him.
They stood for a long moment until he pulled away and left for his room. The room right next to hers.
She smiled as she watched him go.

She loved the nights. It was the only time when she could be truly alone.
She sat on the stairs and let her mind wander to better times. Maybe not better but happier times. One of her most permanent memories was of her cousins Viserys and Daenerys.

"Why can't we live with Nyra and Uncle Maekar?" a young Daenerys asked her adolescent brother Viserys.
"It would be too dangerous dany" he replied
Daenyra saw her entire mood fall.
Suddenly after moments of silence, viserys said "But we will live together one day. I will take back fathers throne and uncle maekar will be my hand. We will live together in kings landing"
Oh, how she wished it to become true.
"And we will visit all the castles small or big" Daenyra told the little girl.
"We will visit Sunspear, the water gardens, and maybe even Starfall, we will go to storms End and high garden and the enteral garden, to Oldtown, to Lannisport, to the vale of the Arryn, to Winterfell and the Wall."
"But we will not go there as fugitives, we will go as kings and queens and princesses, we will dine, wine, and even pass judgment on our enemies," she told Dany
"We will take our revenge and live happily together," Viserys told dany.
She finally smiled and almost cried as well.
Daenyra looked when she smiled.

But that was a long like ago.
Daenerys was now the age Viserys had been and Viserys....
He changed.
She heard about his character.
She feared he was cruel to Dany. He most likely was. That made her sad.
They both deserved better.
Viserys could have been good, and Dany could have been happy.

If only that stupid Prince didn't ruin everything.
She knows she shouldn't think like this but one thing Robert and Daenyra shared.
Their hatred for Rhaegar Targaryen.
He ruined so many lives and for what?
He was dead and so was Lyanna Stark.
Suddenly she heard someone call out her name.