Two sides of the same coins

A/n: Maron is finally here!!

On a ship to dorne,297 a.c, a few weeks after the death of Prince Maekae

Maron Sand, a boy of four and ten, stood on the deck of a ship, watching the sunrise.
He took in the warm sun and sighed.
Maron was working on a ship as a cabin boy, so it was rare for him to have a minute to himself.
This job wasn't as bad as on other ships, so he was grateful. And it wasn't a pirate ship, meaning it was safe.

He sat in silence, wondering about his family.
Did he have a mother and a father? siblings? Were they dead? or did they just not want him?

The only one he remembered was a tall man with red hair, but somehow they got separated.
Maron was found by whores in Braavos; they estimated him to be around 4 years old.

As he sat with his legs dangling from the ship, he could see Dorne.
He was dornish, or so they say.
It would be nice to see his homeland.

They stepped into Sunspear, and he felt nothing.
It was nice, but it didn't feel like the homecoming he expected.

The captain of the ship let him roam, and somehow he found his way into a tavern.
He was talking to some squires when they asked the question, "Does you have a family?

Maron thought hard and remembered something the red-haired man said.
"I have a sister. Amber, I believe it was. She's a lady."

"You have a sister, lad. She's called Daenyra, but you mustn't use that name; it's Amber for everyone else." The read haired man said.

"A Lady?" one of them asked.
"Amber Vernize? That is the only Lady Amber," the blonde squire said.
"Because you have met all the ladies in the realm."
"Ser Rodrik, the knight I serve, is within reach. She's his lovely lady."
"Wait, what was your name again?" The raven-haired man asked
"Maron Sand."

The boys were in thought. An older squire you had overheard their conversation interrupted.
"Ashara Dayne had a rumoured bastard. The baby was lost, just like the lady Amber."

Did he find them? His family? His sister?

He jumped up and gathered his stuff.
"Thank you."

He ran back to the ship and waited for the captain all night.
When he finally arrived, Maron began talking immediately.
"Captain, I quit. I have found my family, but I have already found you a new cabin boy. He's standing there."
He pointed to a young boy.
"His name is Alex, and he is great. Thank you for everything." He said it quickly and hugged the man before running off the ship.

Maron had never brought anything, so he had quite a bit of money.
He brought a sword and a horse and rode to Starfall.

Suddenly, standing in front of the large castle made of white stones, he got nervous.
Just as he was gathering up the courage, the gate opened, and a lord on a horse was now in front of him.

He looked at Maron, looked back at the castle, and jumped off his horse.

The lord stepped closer, took Maron's face in his hands, and pulled him in.
Tears filled his eyes as he hugged back.

"Come." The lord led him into the castle.
"Asharas boy has returned to us. prepare his room," The Lord said to someone.

He was led into a big room, the Great Hall of Starfall, where he learned
"Maron, sit," the Lord commanded.
Some maids brought him soup.
He thanked them and took the spoon.
"It might be spicy."
"I like it spicy," he replied.
The Lord smiled and watched him eat.

When he finished, he couldn't help but wonder how he knew.
He looked at the Lord with a questioning look.
"You look like your father and grandfather, and you have the same glint in your eyes as your mother and sister."

"I do have a sister."
"yes. and uncles, aunts, and cousins."
"But only one sister?"
"indeed."
They smiled at each other before Maron's smile fell.
"I never asked your name; I am so sorry."
"Quentyn."
Maron smiled again and looked down.
I have a sister.

many miles away,in Winterfell

Daenyra Targaryen sat at the table in the great hall of Winterfell with Aeron right beside her.
She has been numb since, but she has gotten better in the last few weeks.
She ate her eggs and bacon and listened to the conversations the stark family had.
Arya and Sansa were fighting again, and Jon and Robb were talking about training.

Robb.
Her new husband.

She wiped the angry expression off her face and went back to eating.
"Aeron, hand me the snake sauce?"
"Yeah, of course."

"Isn't that spicy?" Little Bran asked.
"I like it spicy," she answered with a small smile.

Maester Luwin entered the hall and handed her a letter.
"From Starfall, my lady," she smirked.

Starfall and a certain lady still caused tension.

"Thank you, maester."
She cleaned her hands and broke the seal on the house.
As she read the letter, the whole room was silent.
At first, she had a weird smile on her face, but it soon fell.

She stood abruptly,gathered her dress in one hand, and practically ran out of the great hall.
Aeron walked right after her.

He noticed her breathing getting heavier.

After he closed the door to her room, she turned back around.
He had expected her to cry, but no, she was angry.

"There is some imposter pretending to be my brother."
He was confused.
"Jon Connington had to lose him of course,"she said sarcastically.
Angry tears fell down her face.
"Some pretender is taking my brother place Aeron. Some pretender is my heir, no matter the rumours about my parentage. That boy is not my brother. He is not my brother."

Aeron felt the same anger as she did, but he knew that he had to be her rock.
He pulled her into a hug.
"Let us go to Starfall and see him for ourselves. Your uncle is not blind or stupid."
"You have never met him," she whispered in his chest.
"Is he blind or stupid?"
"No," she sighed.

A month later, they were standing in Starfall.
Aside from her anger, she was happy to be there and to see her family.
They said their hellos and her uncle led her to her pretender brother.

"This is Maron," her uncle said.
The children stared at each other for a long time until she broke eye contact and turned around.

She didn't leave her room for the next two days. No one but Aeron saw her.
On the second day, he had enough.

"Daenyra, you know that he is your brother; that is why you don't leave this room." He said it forcefully but was interrupted by a knock.

Maron sand or Maron vernize? Aeron wasn't sure which it was and stood in front of the door.
"I don't want to intrude, but I just wanted to talk to her, but if she doesn't want to, fine. If you could just tell her that a family and a sibling were all I ever longed for and that she is my sister, thank you and sorry." Maron said it incredibly fast, and Aeron almost didn't understand any of it.

"You are siblings, alright," he muttered to himself.
He closed the door and turned to Daenyra.
"Did you hear that?"
She nodded and got dressed.

She walked out of her room with her head raised proudly.
Daenyra walked with intent.

In the courtyard, she found who she was looking for.

"I have longed for family and siblings all my life as well," she said to her brother.
She didn't let him answer, and she pulled him into a hug.
They hugged for a long time, and both of them felt a bit more healed.