Interlude: A forgotten Princess

A/n: a very quick one because it will be a while until a longer chapter.

Gael held her hand to her chest as she leaned against the door of the great hall.
Her sister's son...
Her sister's daughter...

She felt the tears gather in her eyes, so she pulled herself together and put on her Lady of Eternal Garden face.
She cursed whoever built this castle. Only Harrenhal was bigger than the Eternal Garden castle.

On her way to her rooms, the lord rooms that Daenyra and her son had let her keep, she had to smile at everyone.
she was known as Gael "the kind" back when she was a princess.

I am a princess still.

She suppressed those thoughts.

Just until I am in my room.

Gael wasn't a religious but she thanked all gods there were for arriving in her chambers.
she could finally let out the sob she had been holding in.
she lay in her bed for who knows how long.

After a while, she stood and opened her closet. In a hidden department, she kept the few things she had left of her family. She pulled out a dragon ring and a small picture.

The dragon ring had been her father's. No one ever saw him without it.
She remembers her brother, Maekar, asking him about it in return King Jaehaerys had made him one.
that was most of his parenting.

Her father was a mediocre man, king, and father.
but then again if your father was Aegon the fifth you couldn't top that.
King Jaehaerys would only be remembered as the father of the Mad King.

She put the ring away. She only liked to look at it because it reminded her of Maekar.

Maekar. My sweet brother. Who knows what he had to endure? In Essos he was running, in westeros, he was starving. Ned stark did have a cruel side.

The picture was one of her siblings.

When she married that was her only request.

Aerys looked...normal.She missed him when he was a promising young prince. What had happend?

And her sister Rhaella.
Gael couldn't put into words how much she missed her.

She hated how their lives turned out.
how she wished to be there for her sister's children,help them, and raise them to be good.

But the gods were cruel.
now she was the only one of her siblings left. She outlived them all.

For years her life had been...fine.
Her husband died not too long after the war but theirs hadn't been a love match.

Her daughter, her sweet vissers, had married a good, honorable man and had children.

Her son was doing whatever but he was alive and well.

Then finally her brother returned.
she was happy again until her son arrested him.
Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark had arrived. And her brother was gone once more.

But not he didn't go out fast. No, the usurper wouldnt let it.

Maekar would have to suffer.

Her brother had left his beloved daughter.
daenyra.She was her niece but had to become her granddaughter.

Her son died before ned stark killed her brother.
and then as fast as she arrived,daenyra was gone as well.

Not gone, stolen.

The night she dreamed of living dragons and she knew she wouldn't live long enough to see them.