Daenyra iv

Bran would not walk again according to Maester Luwin.
Lady Stark was beside herself, the girls didn't understand what was happening, Robb and Jon were worried about their brother and Lord Stark...he blamed himself. Why, Daenyra didn't understand.

The Royal family has decided to cut their visit short due to the circumstances.
It was better so thought Daenyra and she knew Aeron agreed.
He visibly relaxed when he found out the Lannister would finally leave.
Daenyra sat in the great hall of winter fell next to her boyish husband who was trying so hard to be a Lord.

She couldn't help but stare at him
He knows his childhood is ending.
He turned as he felt her eyes on him.
The sadness in his eyes made her sad.
Everything is changing for him.

His closest brother and friend would leave him to take the black, his sisters would leave for kings landing in a day, his mother being a broken version of herself, his father leaving and Robb having to take his responsibilities.

She only looked at him and hugged him. He buried his face in her chest. She played with his hair.
They sat like that for a long time.
"I" he started but she knew what he wanted to say.
"I know, it's okay"
He looked up and in that minute she knew that even their relationship would change.

He is growing up even if their one-year age difference wasn't huge, their life experiences were.
Robb grew up Robb Stark, Heir of Winterfell and the North. He grew up sheltered.
Daenyra grew up Daenyra Targaryen but often was someone else or no one at all.
And now she played the role of Amber Vernize.

They put their foreheads together.
Rob closed his eyes while she tried to transfer all the support she had. They sat for a while until Deanyra had to start her day.

Even if she wasn't in the reach and didn't have to do responsibilities herself, she was still the lady paramount.
Her morning was not very interesting.
She spent it penning letters to Lord Mace, her uncle or cousin.
I am not sure what he is but uncle feels more appropriate. I will have to look at the family lineage again.
She penned letters to her actual uncle Lord Tytos and her cousin Brynden.
She wrote countless letters and in the end, she was surprised she even had hands.

After she was done she practically jumped on her bed and closed her eyes. Before she drifted off however Aeron came in.
She didn't look up but she knew it was him. She could always feel his presence. He took off his boots and joined her on her bed.
They were silent for a moment.
"Do you think they ever wonder if we are too close?" he asked her
She laughed a belly laugh.
"Of course they do and they judge us as well. But I don't think they believe that we are having an affair"
His eyebrows shot up in a questioning manner.
"Why wouldn't you want to have an affair with me" he asked in a fake serious voice.
"Shut up," she said as she threw a pillow at his head.
"Where is Ser Knight?" He asked
"With Arya and nymeria.Arya wanted to spend some time with him before she left" she replied.
Daenyra opened his arms and settled on his chest. They did not speak and after a while, she could tell that he had fallen asleep.

Her mind started to wander to their first meeting.

It had been many years earlier.
Daenyra had only been ten and she already traveled most of Essos. Now she was in Asshai.
It was a dark place yet she liked it.
Her father told her that no one would find them here but she knew they couldn't stay too long. Kings blood was something very precious after all.
They spend their days in a red temple called R'hllor. She was to be a red priestess.
On one of the days she met a slightly older boy.
They never spoke but always sat next to each other. After a year and a half, Prince Maekar found the thing he had been looking for for ten years and Princess Daenyra left Asshai.