34

Kalia's POV

I was smiling as Ronan gently put me down.

"Did I miss something?" Ronan asked, raising his brow at us.

"Dad got punished by the gods." Diego sighed. "Finally."

"Nice." Ronan smiled at him.

"Well, the deal didn't extend to you, dog." Ixcoyotl was angry. "You know what? I want a divorce, Rosanna. You're my wife, you're supposed to side with me. Instead you side with our children."

"Our children are first to me, always. And besides, that's fine by me. But remember you'll never be able to make another woman happy in bed." Lady Rosanna smiled at him, arms crossed against her chest.

"I'm out! I'll send my lawyer to you. And I'll move to the other side of the manor since I can't kick you out without losing my fingers!" He stomped off angrily.

Some of the villagers were chuckling.

"Well, you are welcome to our home, Ronan." Lady Rosanna smiled at him warmly, holding her hands.

"Thank you, Lady Rosanna." He told her. "But I was thinking maybe Kalia could come live with me."

"That sounds like it would delight dear father." Diego smiled. "Also I wanted to let you two know that you're now invited to Sharani and I's wedding."

"Oooooo, when's the party?" I was already excited for them. What a change.

"Soon enough, I'll let you know." Diego smiled. "But as the man of the house now, it's fine by me."

"I agree. I don't think your father or I could have found you a better husband. Just reach out to me if you need anything." Lady Rosanna hugged me. "I'm so happy for you but I am so sad that my daughter leaves me." I hugged her back. She had always been kind and gracious to me, even when I didn't deserve it.

"I know, I'll miss you too, mother." I told her. She makes an excited noise before pulling away from me.

"That's the first time I hear you call me mother." She spoke, pulling away and smiled at me.

"You deserve it." I told her. "Besides, what other title could the woman who raised me for twenty one years?"

Valeria and my other siblings walked up to me.

"You know you have to pick up your stuff from the house, right?" Valeria places her arm on top of my shoulders.

"I do." I chuckled, placing my right hand over her hand. "I guess I should go ahead and do that before Father dearest finds a loophole around the curse."

"We'll go with you." Valeria says, smiling. We were walking to town when Tezcatlipoca appeared.

"Father, that's kind of a surprise." I told him.

"Well, I forgot there were some things I wanted to discuss with you in private." Tezcatlipoca crossed his arms.

"It's fine, I'll catch up with you guys later." I smiled at my family and kissed Ronan on the lips.

"Alright, be safe, Kalia." He kisses me back as they start to walk away.

"What is it?" I ask Tezcatlipoca when they're out of earshot.

"Well, there were some things I wanted to discuss with you regarding you and Ronan." He spoke, taking a deep breath.

"What is it?" I asked him, crossing my arms against my chest.

"You are a demigoddess after all. And Ronan will live longer than most humans due to his father's longevity." He spoke. "You will likely outlive most of your friends and family."