19

Kalia's POV

"Get the girl alive! Kill everyone save for my son!" The Beast King shouted. "That god's blood will be mine!"

What a terrible time to forget my weapon.

"Run inside!" Lady Rosanna shouted. I started to charge a spell in my

"Let's go, he's after you and I!" Ronan grabbed my hand and we started running.

The wyvern dropped down and started to breathe fire everywhere. I saw Lord Wilshire and a few other men draw out swords to fight it.

We run inside of my family home and Ronan grabs a war ax from the display. I take one of my father's swords.

"Shit, he knew where we were!" I shouted at him.

"He probably had someone tracking us." Ronan headed back outside. "Stick close to me!"

I nodded as I saw a small armored bear destroy the wall and swipe its paws at a few nobles. There were a few nagas tearing people in half.

I charged an ice spike spell and aimed it at a naga choking out a woman.

"You bitch!" She shouted as she fell and the woman hit the ground, gasping for breath. Ronan beheaded another one.

The third naga had Lord Wilshire in its grasp.

"Hmm...shame that you're supposed to die, you're quite handsome." He told him. Lord Wilshire was turning blue. I shot ice spikes at the creature. He let Wilshire go.

"You shouldn't have done that." He snapped at me. I threw a few ice spikes at it and a fireball. I followed behind Ronan but someone grabbed my legs and knocked me down.

It was Lord Wilshire.

"You're not going anywhere." He told me.

"I should have let that naga devour you!" I was trying to free myself.

"Talon!" He shouted at the Beast King. "She's here!"

I throw an ice spike at his chest. He hacks out blood.

"You don't know what you've done!" His eyes turned black. What the hell? I tried to get away from him but he had a death grip. I saw Aetnara in the corner of my eye. She shot an arrow into his head.

He turned his attention to her and I noticed he was shifting into a beast. Aetnara shouted something in Old Hunir. I took the chance to dart out from his grasp and run. I saw a wyvern running towards the building. I ran after it, hitting with a blizzard spell. I wish my dress was warmer.

The wyvern managed to slam the walls down, totally ignoring the blizzard's winds.

"Seems that it doesn't affect him." A voice says behind me. I quickly turn around and see the Beast King behind me. He looks like an older version of Ronan.

"Get away from me!" I pull out my sword.

"My son has got a good taste in women. I'll give him that." He stared at me up and down. Gross.

"Why do you want my blood so bad?" I asked him. "You already escaped from the woods somehow!"

"Your blood broke the seal that your gods created to seal me within the forest." The king smiled at me and I watched his nails sharpen. What? How?

I hold up the sword, ready to defend myself when Ronan slams his father to the ground. I try to charge a spell in my hands but my magicka is drained. I watch as the Beast King rips out Ronan's throat.

"Ronan!" I shouted, tears forming from my eyes.

I saw Ronan's body twitch. The Beast King was quick to sweep me up. I pushed against him and tried to fight him with all my might.