24

Kalia's POV

Damn, I haven't even kissed Ronan, despite claiming to love him. But that's really besides the point right now. The beasts started to attack the village. Villagers were attacking the beasts with pitchforks, axes, swords, and even plain kitchen knives. I hit two wyverns with a frost spell and they froze in place.

Was my magic a lot stronger? Suddenly, I got slammed to the ground and picked up. I shouted as I saw that a griffith had picked me up. I saw the Beast King in his human form on top of a giant bloodwyrm.

"Let me go!" I shouted. "Let me go!"

"Why should I? With your blood, I can break the limits of my curse and become more powerful!" He shouted at me.

"Let her go!" I hear Ronan's shouting. He's on a wyvern, pulling the horns on its head as the thing is fighting him.

"Why should I?" He grabs me by the throat.

"Her father is Tezcatlipoca, you do not want shit with him!" Ronan shouted. "Even you can't best the gods."

"We'll see about that!" He grabs my shoulder and bites me. I scream in pain, trying to smack him away and tear him off my flesh as he's draining my blood. Ronan slams his father into a tree top and they both start to fall. I notice that a huge chunk of flesh is missing from my shoulder. My vision is blurring and the bloodwyrm flips over. I scream, feeling myself falling rapidly. I close my eyes, expecting to hit the ground.

"KALIA!" Ronan shouts.

I feel something grab me as I'm falling. It was Quetzalcoatl.

"What?" I ask, half dazed. He puts his hand on my bloodied shoulder and a warm glow emits from that area. I feel renewed and a lot more powerful.

"Tell your father this is for the time he got his foot bitten off by Cipactli." He vanishes. Damn, am I hallucinating right now?

I see the Beast King is transforming as Ronan slams him to the ground, dagger in his hand.

"How dare you!" The Beast King punches Ronan in the jaw.

"Catch!" Aetnara throws a bow and a quiver of arrows at my feet. I grab it, realizing that my shoulder is functional again. I put an arrow on the bowstring and aim right at the Beast King's head. I pull the arrow and it hits him in the eye.

"You bitch!" He groaned as he finished his transformation. "You'll pay for this!" I shot him in the heart, and his other eye with two more arrows. He groaned in agony before making a charge towards me. Ronan managed to transform and slam him in the ground,punching him in the face repeatedly. The Beast King manages to make some deep cuts on the side of his neck.

"Ronan!" I shouted as the Beast King threw his body to the side like he was a ragdoll.

"You're coming with me, whether you want to or not!" The Beast King ran towards me. My body started to shake like a leaf and I felt extremely ill. What was happening? Suddenly, my mind went blank.

**********************************************************************************************************

Ronan's POV

He managed to get up to see a giant black jaguar where Kalia was standing. His father had stopped mid track. He could feel the blood coming from the side of his neck. Shit, he hoped his healing factor kicked in soon enough. The jaguar snatched up his father and shook him violently in its mouth before slamming him against a house, tearing it down.

"You-!" The Beast King shouted at the jaguar, transforming into a bigger version of his current form. The jaguar turned to face him, pouncing on the creature, biting its head. Ronan realized who it was. Kalia. Kalia was a shifter? He had a lot of questions running through his head. The Beast King grabbed a rock and hit Kalia in the stomach with it.