Mummy's best friend - Fernando Alonso

For mistrose23

Celine walked down the stairs and walked through her new house. A satisfied smile came to her face as she entered the living room; Fernando was working with friends in the garden on a pink playhouse. She couldn't be more grateful for Fernando. Celine walked to the garden with a few bottles of cold water and leaned against the wall, observing the builders.

At a sudden moment, Fernando turned around to look for the instructions. But instead, he got distracted by the love of his life, who looked at him from a distance. A wide smile grew on his face, and he winked at her. He straightened his back when she walked towards him.

"Looking good, boys," Cecile smiled. She padded Fernando between his shoulder blades. She handed over the bottles of water.

"Thanks, we're doing our best," one of Fernando's friends said proudly.

"Glad we haven't fucked it up yet," the other said, smirking. "Quite an experience."

Fernando smirked and kissed Celine. "Anything for my little princess." He looked behind Celine while wrapping his arm around her. "Where is Luci, by the way?"

"She's still at school. I have to pick her up in thirty minutes."

"Hmm-hmm, I thought it was later already," he admitted. Their eyes locked. "Can I pick her up?"

"Of course, you can. Lucia likes it more when you pick her up," Celine smirked.

"I'm way cooler than you are," he playfully replied. "Does she know that we have moved?"

She nodded. "She doesn't really fully understand it yet, but she adores the idea of living together with you."

After being in a relationship for three years, Celine and Fernando finally decided to buy a house together to live there with Celine's daughter of four years. Luckily, Lucia and Fernando had a special bond. Even though Lucia had a father, she saw Fernando as a father figure too; he was mummy's best friend - Lucia hadn't fully understood the situation yet - and mummy's best friend was also Lucia's best friend.

"See, I'm cool," Fernando winked. It made Celine laugh and push him away a little. He wrapped his other arm around her as well, pulling her into a loving hug. "How's her bedroom?"

"All set, everything is finished now."

"La Casa de la Princesa is almost finished," he satisfied said. "And then this place is finally ours."

"Uhu, finally." She couldn't stop smiling.

Fernando excused himself from the group to change his sweaty, work outfit for a fresh and casual outfit. He said bye to the others, put on his sunglasses and left the house. Fernando and Celine found a house that was close enough to the big city, close to Lucia's school and close to both their families: it was a dream house. While he walked to the school, he took some time to explore the new neighbourhood. He never imagined being a family, but he was glad he found his people and formed a family.

Arrived at the international school, Fernando was standing between mothers and nannies. Even though he loved picking up Lucia from school, he still found being that guy between the mothers awkward. He shared a forced smile with one of the mothers.

The school doors opened, and the first tiny humans ran outside. Little Lucia scanned the people in the schoolyard, looking for her mother. But once she saw who awaited her, her face lit up, and she ran towards Fernando. She lifted her arms, ready to be lifted, which Fernando did. "Nano!"

"Hello, Luci," Fernando smiled and hugged the four-year-old.

"I'm so happy to see you," Lucia giggled.

"I'm happy to see you too," he smiled and kissed her cheek. "Shall we go home? To mummy?" The little girl nodded. "Let's go then." He put Lucia back on the ground, and she grabbed his hand. In the other hand, he was holding her small backpack. They started to walk to their new house. "Did you have fun at school?"

"Yes."

"That is good. What did you do today?"

"I had a tea party!"

"A tea party?"

"Yes! With Denise, Hannah and Tessa."

"That sounds fun. And what did you drink?" Fernando looked at the girl.

She looked up at him, her eyes sparkled. "Water!"

A laugh rolled over Fernando's lips, he adored this kid so much. "And did you like it?"

Lucia nodded happily. "I want a tea party with you and mummy, like princesses."

"We will have a tea party like princesses soon, yeh? But first, we are going home."

"Your house?"

"Our house," he smiled.

The two chit-chatted during the entire walk to their new home. Lucia couldn't stop talking about princesses. Once she saw a cat walking by, she had to pet it and ask Fernando about it like he knew the cat. They made a quick pit stop at a playground so Lucia could sit on the swing for a few minutes. It was the small things that made their bond so special.

They entered their new street, and Celine was already waiting outside. Lucia let go of Fernando's hand and ran towards her mother. Celine squatted down to embrace her daughter, lifting her off the ground. "Hey, sweetie. How was school today?"

Lucia, still bubbling with excitement, began to talk about her day, animatedly describing the tea party. Celine listened attentively, stealing glances at Fernando, who stood now next to them, observing the heart warming scene. Fernando couldn't help, but smile at the sight of his two favourite girls. As Lucia continued her enthusiastic story, also about the playground she and Fernando found, Celine's face softened. She made it. Her family made it. She could feel Fernando's hand on her back, feeling his support and love.

With Lucia chattering away, the three people walked towards their new home. The playhouse in the garden was ready, so that was the first thing Celine and Fernando wanted to show. They walked around the house to the back garden. And when Lucia saw the pink playhouse, she stopped talking and signed that she wanted to stand on the ground again. A loud cry filled the garden as Lucia ran towards the house. Lucia and Fernando smiled widely.

"Mummy, look!" She jumped around and looked at the four adults standing just a few metres away. She was standing still now. "Can I play in there?"

"Of course, love. It is your new castle."

While Lucia began to explore the playhouse, Celine thanked Fernando and his friends for building it. "She's over the moon," she added.

"With her reaction as return, I would do it over and over again," one of the friends said.

"We do it for the smile, Celine. No need to thank us," the other one said.

Fernando wrapped an arm around Celine, expressing his silent agreement. As the friends said goodbye and left, the trio of Celine, Fernando and Lucia found themselves still standing in the garden. They took some time to absorb the reality of their new life "This is it, mi amor. Our home," he whispered in Celine's ear and kissed her cheek.

"Thank you," she replied. She turned to him. "For everything." She rested her arms around his neck.

"Thank you for making me part of your journey."

"I love you." Celine kissed him.

"I love you."

The excited voice of Lucia filled the air again. She was running towards her mother and bonus father. Fernando lifted her. Lucia put her arm around Fernando's neck and her mother's neck, hugging them.

"Little Luci, shall we explore our new home, and your new room?" Celine asked.

Lucia happily nodded.

"And then we need a royal feast!" Fernando proposed.

"Yes!" Lucia shouted in excitement.