Double life (2) - Pierre Gasly

As the soft glow of the sunset filtered through the living room windows, the air was filled with a feeling of warmth and romance. Tilly and Pierre had just finished dinner and sipped their wine. Tilly looked at Pierre, a smile covering her face.

They would meet up to go on a date, but when Tilly arrived at Pierre's place, they both felt like staying in. They looked up a delicious recipe, went out for a coffee, and did the groceries for the dish. Once they got back, they cooked together and just had a slow evening.

Tilly thought it was adorable when Pierre was telling her something about his journey in F1. His eyes lightened up with enthusiasm, and he couldn't stop smiling. It was his passion, and he was proud of it. She had always found his passion inspiring; he was following his dreams and did everything to achieve the best results.

"Alright, Til," Pierre said, got up from the chair and put his glass on the table. He reached out his hand and locked his eyes with hers. "Let's dance," he smiled.

Tilly took one last sip from the wine, smiled and took his hand. Her heart fluttered. She allowed him to lead her to the centre of the living room. Pierre took Tilly's waist in his hands. Tilly laid her arms around his neck. They swayed to the music and felt like they were the only two people in the world. Tilly rested her head on Pierre's shoulder, and the scent of his cologne filled her senses. They moved as one, lost in the moment. The feeling of Pierre's body against hers was electric.

"Til," Pierre whispered. She looked up, and her brown eyes sparkled. "You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." His voice was full of love and admiration.

Blushes appeared on her cheeks. "You're not too bad yourself," she replied, smiling up at him.

They continued to dance, their movements becoming more fluid and effortless. As the song came to an end, Pierre lifted Tilly up, and she let out a little gasp of surprise. He spun her around and they both laughed. Their eyes reminded connected.

Tilly's gaze drifted from his face to his lips, and her heart skipped a beat. Suddenly, she realised what had been nagging at her all day - she was in love with him. The realisation was a shock, she felt a wave of confusion wash over her. Tilly always had felt a connection between her and Pierre, but she never thought that it would be more. But now she couldn't deny the feelings that were welling up inside her. Tilly kissed him.

"Did you know that your kisses are addictive?" Pierre mumbled, his lips brushing against hers.

"Hmm," Tilly hummed. She cupped his face and kissed him, sharing her love with him.

"I can't get enough of it." He set her back down, holding her close, their hearts beating in sync. The music faded away as they got lost in the moment. They kissed, they smiled, they slowly danced.

This was happiness.

Tilly pulled back, resting her forehead against his cheek. She took a deep breath, trying to control her breathing again. "I have to go," she whispered.

"Is there not a way to stay over for the night?" Pierre quietly asked with hope and pressed a kiss on her forehead. "I can drop you off tomorrow morning."

"My shift starts at 6 in the morning, Pierre..."

"It shouldn't be a problem."

"...and I still have to prep some things."

He sighed and pulled back. He looked at her and proudly smiled. "You are such a dedicated worker. The royal family should be grateful to have an assistant like you," he said, kissing her.

"Hmm, I'm one of the assistants. It's not me who does the job all alone."

Pierre placed a piece of blonde hair behind her ear. "But I know that you are the best of the best." He hugged her. "I will drop you off."

"You don't have to," she whispered, kissing his cheek. "You have an early morning too."

"And I will do anything for you."

"Fine," she smiled. "Only because you are Pierre Gasly," she teased.

He giggled. "Oh, only because I am Pierre Gasly. You're putting quite the pressure on me, Tilly." They both laughed. "When do we see each other again?"

Tilly knew there was a double header coming up, he would leave tomorrow. She bit her lip, her schedule wouldn't allow it to meet up after the doubleheader, and she couldn't just fly over in between. "Let me grab my phone," she said, letting go of him. She grabbed her phone and opened her agenda. Pierre looked along over her shoulder.

"They really make you work hard," he concluded. "They pay and treat you well, right?"

"Yes, Pierre, they do. Don't worry about me," she replied and kissed him.

He nodded, and then his eyebrows raised. "You have nothing planned for that weekend," he said and pointed at the dates. "I can fly you over to Budapest. You can finally see a race, you can family see me race."

There had to be a day when this would happen. Tilly slowly nodded and widely smiled. "I would love to, Pierre."

A cheer left his mouth, and he hugged her. "It will be amazing."

Tilly waved at Pierre as he drove away. She bit her lip and waited until he was out of sight, until she was out of his sight. Tilly started to walk towards the gates, passing some busy streets. She was impressed by how filled the streets were. It brought her joy when walking crossing the streets. Everyone was happy, the locals were happy. This part of the city belonged to the locals and the locals only. Every citizen was glad that this part stayed untouched by the tourists.

Entering the back entrance of a massive white building on the square, she headed to the bathroom in the hall. It was meant for the staff, but she didn't care about that now. Looking at herself in the mirror, Tilly carefully removed the blonde wig followed by the cap and bobby pins. Two dark brown braids fell over Matilde's shoulders as she put the wig in her bag, knowing it required a wash. A sombre feeling crept within her, making her feel exhausted, and stressed, and slowly killing her from the inside.

Matilde proceeded towards her wing, feeling Tilly slowly leaving her body with every step she took. She didn't want Tilly to leave her body, but it was inevitable. After entering her living room, she fell onto the couch, feeling the weight of the world on her shoulders.

She knew that one day, she would have to come clean. The thought made her anxious, and it could happen soon, possibly during the Grand Prix of Hungary. She had never stayed over, not for a single night, as she was scared that Pierre would see her true self. Let alone spend the entire weekend together. With the press on their sides. But she wanted it, she wanted to feel how it would be to be 'normal'. And she noticed how happy Pierre got.

She had to find a solution.