Au pair - Mick Schumacher

The taxi came to a halt in front of a massive gate. Jeanne peered out of the window, not knowing what to expect behind the gates. The imposing entrance stood adorned with vibrant flowers and neatly trimmed hedges, exuding an air of elegance. It felt like Jeanne had stepped into a scene from a fairytale or the picturesque landscapes of Tuscany, Italy. The gates slowly swung open a few seconds later, revealing a breathtaking sight beyond. Jeanne's eyes widened in awe as the taxi entered the property, and she needed a moment to absorb every detail.

The taxi stopped again, and the taxi driver got out of the car.

Jeanne unbuckled her seatbelt and turned to face the children. "We're here, girls. Look how beautiful this place is!"

Ottilie's eyes widened, and she pressed her face against the window, taking in the grandeur of the villa. "Wow, Jeanne! It's like a princess castle!"

With Lara, a mischievous two-year-old with adorable chubby cheeks, cradled in Jeanne's arms, she carefully opened the taxi door and was greeted by a gentle caress of the warm Italian breeze. She stepped out, ensuring not to disturb the peacefully sleeping toddler snuggled against her shoulder.

As the taxi driver unloaded their luggage, she took in the property even more. She had heard so much about this place, with its massive villas and affluent atmosphere. She thanked the driver, slipping him a generous tip for his assistance. The driver offered a grateful smile and nodded before leaving Jeanne and the children standing at the grand entrance.

Jeanne inhaled deeply; her excitement intermingled with a slight tinge of nervousness. She noticed Lara had woken up and gently whispered, "Hello," to the now wide-eyed toddler.

"Lara, we've arrived!" Ottilie eagerly announced, her voice filled with enthusiasm.

Lara looked around, her big brown eyes filled with curiosity, and a wide smile spread across her face. She made it clear to Jeanne that she wanted to walk, wriggling in Jeanne's arms.

Jeanne put her on the ground and smiled at her two au pair kids. With each step she took, the sound of the children's laughter grew louder. Ottilie, a lively 6-year-old girl, skipped ahead of her, her blonde curls bouncing with each joyful hop. Jeanne smiled at her energy, but couldn't help glancing back every few seconds to ensure that little Lara, a 2-year-old bundle of mischief, was still following closely.

"Ottilie, slow down, sweetheart," Jeanne called out. "Remember, we're guests here, so let's be on our best behaviour."

Then Ottilie stopped running, looking at Jeanna with her eyes twinkling with curiosity. "Are we going to see Mama and Papa, Jeanne?"

"Yes, darling," Jeanne replied, a touch of warmth in her voice. "We're going to surprise them. They're already here with the others."

A neatly dressed butler greeted them as they approached the massive front door. His impeccable uniform and polite smile contrasted with Jeanne and the children's casual attire.

"Good afternoon, madam," the butler greeted. "May I assist you with your luggage?"

Jeanne, feeling slightly out of place, offered a grateful smile. "Thank you, but we only have a few bags. I can manage." She was used to quit a lot, but this was new.

Inside, the holiday home exuded an air of elegance. The sound of laughter and animated conversations echoed through the spacious halls. Jeanne guided the children toward the garden, where she knew their parents would likely be.

As they entered the garden, the noise level increased, and Jeanne spotted Ottilie and Lara's parents: Gwen and Winston. They were engaged in a conversation with other family members.