It wasn't me - Daniel Ricciardo

I hope you like it!!! I have added a song, it gives it more feeling!!!

Request by EmmaBodyova1

☀︎

The sun was burning on Emma's skin, and a soft, warm breeze slammed against her skin. It was a good day - something she couldn't do for the longest time, it took time to call days good again. She walked towards the local kart track, it must have been a century since the last time visited the track. Emma refused to visit it after that day.

But things changed.

Emma had a weak smile on her face when she smelled the petrol, it gave her goosebumps. And the sound of the running engines, it made her heart skip a beat. The people who hung out around the track, haven't changed. Emma chewed on the inside of her lip, she had something to do to distract herself from panicking. Multiple looks were resting on the girl who passed by, and it made Emma feel uncomfortable. For a split second, she wanted to turn around and leave this place, since it was a fault to visit her - but she had to face her fear and overcome it.

"Emma..." It was one of the locals. "How is it going?" It was Joe who asked it, a man who almost lived here.

"Hey, Joe," Emma said and sat down next to him on the bench next to the track. "I'm good, thanks. How are you?"

Joe looked shocked to see Emma, positively. He remembered Emma as the girl who practically spent her entire free time around the karting track, and after that day, it stopped. She disappeared and was never seen near the track anymore. "I'm fine. Good to see you, Em. What is the special occasion to stop by?"

"I...err..." Emma ran her left hand through her hair while her right hand was resting on her lap. "I was in the neighbourhood, just checking everything out and see if everybody is still alive."

"Not gonna lie, Em, but you look like you just shit your pants."

It made her softly smirk. "It's exciting to be here, I don't know how to act." She looked over the track, everything still looked the same.

"It's funny to have you here today as well."

"As well?"

"Yeah, didn't he tell you? I thought you two were best friends?" Joe scanned Emma's face, who was only frowning. "Daniel's here too!

Emma froze. All the air was pressed out her lungs, her heart started to race in her chest, and she forgot how to act.

Daniel was here too.

She gasped for air and didn't filter the words Joe was telling her. Emma turned away from Joe and looked for that one smile in the crowd. It didn't take long for her to find it. Her eyes locked with his, even from this distance. Emma's lips parted, and everything around her fell away. His smile slowly disappeared.

Daniel.

It was a bad day, the weather conditions were shit. The rain was pouring on the streets of Perth, and the gusts of wind were out of control. Everyone was inside their houses, you would think.

"The rain should stop in a few, don't worry, the race will continue," Joe said to the group of teenagers.

"Yes, thanks!" Emma happily said.

Daniel walked towards the group and had a seat next to Emma on the couch; he was glad he sat inside in the clubhouse and not outside in the rain. "The news said the wind would drop soon. No more fights against the wind."

"It's so annoying. The whole week it has been beautiful weather, and exactly on this day the weather is shit," she frustratedly groaned. "Your last weekend here..."