Mockingjay

"Break na kasi kami ni baby boy."

Karylle spat out the water she just drank, Vice wiped his cheek, "Kaloka ka naman 'te! Kung maka-react ka, dinamay mo pa ako!" he laughed and then smelled his hand, "Pero infairness, fresh ang breath!" he continued to laugh at K's reaction. Meanwhile, Karylle was surprised by his behaviour, he didn't seem to be affected by the break-up at all. Knowing Vice, she thought that he would at least take a break from Showtime to 'grieve' over his broken relationship.

"Bakit parang di ka affected?" she asked.

"3 months na kasi 'te." he replied taking a bite of his meal.

"Nakakatawa!" she said faking a laugh and reaching over to Vice to hit his left hand which was resting on the table.

"Karylle, hindi yun joke." Vice told her, smirking.

"Are you serious?"

Vice only shrugged and nodded with a small smile.

"I'm so sorry."

"Wag ka ngang mag sorry dyan. Kasalanan mo ba? Ikaw ba babae nya?!" Vice laughed.

Karylle tilted her head and offered a sad smile. Even with the smiles and laughter, she could tell that he was still broken.

"No Other Woman ang peg?" she joked and Vice laughed with her.

"Joke lang. Ako nakipag break." informed Vice

"Ha?"

"Bungol lang 'te? Ako nga! Parang hirap na hirap kang paniwalaan ah." Vice said before taking a sip of his iced tea.

"I know it's non of my business but... Bakit? Ang tagal nyo rin diba?"

"Alam mo, gusto ko man sabihin sa'yo, hindi ko rin kaya eh. Hindi ko kasi.." Vice paused to think, "hindi ko rin kasi maintindihan ang rason. Alam ko lang may rason ako kung bakit ko ginawa yun pero hindi ko pa... Hindi ko pa tanggap yung rason. Basta di ko maintindihan." Vice finished shaking his head and laughing to himself, "For sure di mo rin naintindihan."

"It's okay Vice. Thank you pa rin sa pag, I guess, open up mo." she smiled genuinely at Vice.

"Ikaw kasi peg ko."

"Haha, i hate you!!! Oo nga noh! One month lang pagitan ng break up natin." Karylle said, recalling the months she had been single after her break up with Yael.

"Alam mo, buti pa si Katniss at Peeta noh, pinaglaban nila ang isa't isa kahit papano." Vice said out of the blue.

"What?" Karylle asked rather confused and shocked.

"Yung sa Hunger Games. Ay nako Kurba ha, wag mong sabihing nakalimutan mo na." Vice smiled and scratched his temple, "Akala ko ba favorite mo yun?"

"Alam ko naman sinasabi mo eh..." K smiled back, "Nagulat lang ako dahil pinanood mo pala."

"Opcors! Binasa ko pa kaya kahit English yun."

"Why?"

"Favorite mo eh." he said in a low voice.

"Ha?"

"Na-OP kasi ako ng bongga sainyo  ni Anne, kaya yun, binasa at pinanood ko na rin."

"Naks naman! Movie date tayo para sa next film ha." Karylle suggested, in which Vice agreed happily to. 

-

A week later. 

Karylle arrived at the ABS-CBN building at around 10am. She went straight to her dressing room to prep for today's Showtime. When she got there, Anne was already there stood in front of their make up table, staring at somethign K couldn't quite see. Anne felt her presence so she turned around, her hands on her waist and smirked at Karylle.

"Bakit?" asked Karylle, then her eyes travelled down to the red rose on top of the make up table and the small blue box next to it, "What's that?" she asked Anne. Anne stood still and waited for her to come closer.

"I think your secret admirer is back!" Anne said sounding very excited for her friend.

"I don't know what you're talking about." K denied picking up the rose and the blue box.

"Girl, please, don't even bother denying it, we share the same dressing room. I know meron kang secret admirer noh. Almost a month ago ng hindi nag paparamdam yang si Koya ha."

Karylle kept her eyes on the unopened blue box as Anne spoke. She wondered what could be in that box. 

"Aren't you gonna open it?" Anne asked with a suggestive smile.

Karylle breathed out and opened the box. Inside was a pin. It wasn't just an ordinary pin, it was a gold Mockingjay pin. She lifted it up close to her face and smiled. Anne came closer to have a look, "Wow." was all they both managed to say.

"It's not even a puchu-puchu one. It's a real gold replica. Sis, you can't even get that here." 

"Sino sya?" Karylle said looking up at Anne. Anne then took the box and found a small written note, it read,  

"I want to love you the way Peeta loved Katniss. I hope you will be my Katniss someday. - P"

Anne squirmed as her heart melted over the note, she waited for Karylle to react, she shook her a little and grinned like a fangirl. Karylle covered her face with the rose and smiled widely, "Anne naman eh!" 

"Oh my God girl! Are you blushing?!" Anne asked grinning.

"Hindi, hindi. Mainit lang sa room." 

"Echosera!!!" 

-

"Uy Vice! Bakit nag hihingalo ka dyan? Nag marathon ka ba?" Vice turned to his left and saw Vhong stood outside his dressing room.

"Sira ulo ka Navarro! Ano kailangan mo?" He asked seeing he was obviously waiting for him to come.

"Wala naman. Mag go-goodmorning lang."

"Weh? Ano nga kailangan mo?" Vice pushed, still trying to regain his breath. He wiped a hand over his forehead to wipe his sweat.

"Wala nga."

"Hmp, bahala ka nga. Sige, mag aayos na muna ako." Vice said before making his way into his dressing room. 

-

"Babe!"

"Kung maka babe ka naman dyan Navarro ha!" Anne replied laughing. Vhong leaned forward and pecked her on the cheek, "Kota mo na yan for the day."

"Eto namang si Anne o!" he said smiling as they walked down the hallway on their way to the Showtime studio.

"I haven't seen Vice yet, absent ba sya?"

"Naku, hindi. Actually, kakakita ko lang dun, pawis na pawis nga eh parang nag marathon ba. Hahaha, tas ayun, pumasok sa dressing room nya."

"Weird. Normally mag go-goodmorning samin yun ni K eh." Anne crossed her arms and pouted, "Well, whatever. Baka may problems sila ng jowa nya."

"Siguro nga." Vhong just agreed.