four

( - season one, episode two )

"Percy?" Alayna whispers, moving to hover her head over him. "Perce?" She asks again, laying her hand on his shoulder as he jumps awake.

"Oh—" she pulls back, startled herself. "Hey. Good morning." She greets her friend. "You okay?" Luke asks, walking closer to the two as Percy pushes the covers off of himself.

"Super." He responds. "We all have them, you know. Intense, recurring nightmares. That's normal here." Luke cocks his head to the side.

"And the daydreams. And the ADHD, and dyslexia." He informs as Alayna stands up with Percy, walking towards Luke. "Demigods just.. process reality differently than humans do. For the first time in your life, you're just like everyone else."

Alayna sighs and looks over at Percy. "Who's your parent, Luke?" Alayna inquires, eyebrows furrowed. "Or are you.." "unclaimed?" Luke finishes her sentence.

She nods, lips pressed together. "No. Hermes is my father." He said, almost in a disappointed way. He shrugs and Alayna crosses her arms.

"That doesn't matter, we're all on the same team here." He nods. Alayna feels so much better with Luke around— far more comfortable and happy.

"Why is that okay? Why do they get to brig us here to just ignore some of us?" Percy asks. Alayna looks over at him, uncrossing her arms. "Gods don't have to be fair, not with their power." Alayna shrugs.

"The sooner you stop worrying about why the gods do what they do, the sooner you can enjoy what this place has to offer." Luke continues for Alayna. Alayna hums, head cocked to the side.

"And what's that?" Percy asks. "Glory."