one

( - season one, episode one )

"Layna!" Percy yells to get her attention, waving her over to the three seats on the bus. She smiles widely and tucks herself into the aisle, sitting down next to Grover. "Hey guys." She sighs out, putting her bag on the floor.

"What was that about yesterday?" Percy asks, looking over Grover. "My sister wanted to say bye before she left for the cabin." Alayna shrugs, putting her hair behind her ears as she sighs and leans back against the chair.

"You took the three hour trip for that?" He asks, squinting his eyes. "Stupid. I know, but I'm back." She smiles. Percy smiles back and turns back to the window as the bus starts up.

The ride to the museum wasn't very long— about 40 minutes from Yancy. It was at the met, the place Alayna usually drives by when she's on her way home for break.

"What you see here, they are not fictions. They are not... fantasies." Mr. Brunner spoke. Alayna kept a grip on her pencil as she bit her lip, looking around. "What you see here are the truest and deepest parts of yourselves."

Alayna started to tune him out, eyes scoping out the statue the lady with no arms. "Now, on your worksheets, I want you to choose one of the subjects you see here, and describe it." Mr. Brunner explains.

"Not just how it looks, but how it makes you feel." Alayna looks down at her page, pencil starting to scribble across the page. 'The Venus de Millo', it was called.

She spilled out how she felt about it. The way she connects to it, and she was almost done before she was interrupted. "Mom?" Percy calls out.

Alayna looks up and over at him, eyebrows scrunched. "I'm right here, sweetie. Mommy's here." Nancy teases. Her group laughs, and Alayna feels her nose start to scrunch in distaste.

"Mr. Jackson, you will learn to control yourself. Do you understand me?" Mrs. Dodds asks. Alayna walks up to Percy, about ready to argue with her. "Me, she—" Percy starts, pointing back at Nancy.