three

( - season one, episode two )

Alayna could feel her body ache when her eyes opened. It was bright outside the room, and she was in her pink shirt and sweatpants she'd arrived to camp in.

She sat up with a few soft whines and grunts, causing Grover to look over at her from Percy's side. "Hey, Alayna. Careful." He helped her sit up, and she looked around.

"What is this?" She asked, voice cracking from how much she'd screamed the night before. "Camp." He nodded.

Her hand shot up her head, not feeling her clip. "Where's my— my clip?" She asked, looking at Grover nervously. He digs in his pocket and pulls out the clip— and it looks brand new. No scratches.

He puts it in her hand and she sighs, putting it back into her hair. "It's enchanted. No matter how far you throw it, it'll always come back to you." Grover explained.

Alayna looks over at Percy and already sees him getting dressed. "Hey." She greets him.

He looks back at her and waves for a split second before putting his jacket on. "Where are you going?" She asks, flipping the covers off of herself.

"It was so important we get here 'cause our parents are gods, so I'm gonna go find mine. Come if you want." He looks back at her.

She's immediately on her feet, slipping them into the shoes next to the bed. "Alayna." Grover calls out, but she was already following Percy.

" Grover calls out, but she was already following Percy