THIRTY ONE

ੈ✩‧₊˚
IRL
*ੈ✩‧₊˚

↳ "YOU'RE SO LUCKY
I LOVE YOU."

The night stretched out before Chris like an endless abyss, the only company being the glow of his laptop screen

The night stretched out before Chris like an endless abyss, the only company being the glow of his laptop screen. He found himself immersed in the world of articles that promised salvation for love stretched thin by miles. The room, dimly lit by the screen's eerie pallor, mirrored the shadows creeping into his heart. Chris sat hunched over, bathed in the cool glow, scrolling through pages that held the elusive answers he sought. Titles like "Saving Long-Distance Love" and "Rekindling the Flame" promised hope, but with each click, the hope slipped further away.

The words on the screen blurred into a jumble of well-intentioned advice. "Surprise her with thoughtful gestures," one suggested, while another insisted, "Plan virtual dates to bridge the gap." Chris's eyes darted across the screen, desperately trying to find a beacon in the sea of clichéd suggestions.

He rubbed his temples, feeling the weight of exhaustion settle in. The laptop became a glaring reminder of his inadequacy, its screen reflecting the strained determination etched on his face. Every solution he came across felt like a mere Band-Aid on a wound that refused to close.

"Communication is key," echoed through the paragraphs, but how could words bridge the distance when miles stretched between them? The cursor blinked mockingly on the empty message box, daring him to type the words that seemed to elude him. The silence of the room mirrored the silence that had crept into their conversations, a palpable void that no amount of typing could fill.

His desperation deepened, and Chris impulsively typed into the search bar, "How do you know a relationship isn't working?" The screen populated with results, each headline cutting through him like a knife. "Signs Your Relationship is Failing" stared back at him, a stark admission of the doubts that had started to plague his mind.

As he clicked through the articles, he discovered a checklist of ominous signs—distance, lack of communication, and the haunting feeling that love was slipping through the cracks. His heart sank with each item he mentally checked off, the reality of their situation becoming more glaring with every passing moment.

He stumbled upon an article titled "Knowing When to Let Go," and a chill ran down his spine. The words outlined the pain of holding onto something that had run its course and the difficulty of admitting defeat when the battle was already lost. Chris read through the article, each sentence a heavy blow to his already fragile resolve.

Closing the laptop, he was left in the oppressive silence of the room, the weight of the articles hanging in the air like a spectre. The glow that had promised answers now revealed only the reflection of a defeated man. The articles, like false prophets, offered promises that crumbled at the slightest scrutiny.

As he stared into the void of the room, the ghostly glow of the laptop screen still etched on his retinas, Chris felt a surge of conflicting emotions. The articles had painted a grim picture, highlighting the fractures in their relationship. Yet, amidst the shadows, a stubborn flame of hope persisted.