NINE

ੈ✩‧₊˚
IRL AND INSTAGRAM!
*ੈ✩‧₊˚

↳ ❝ PLEASE, DO NOT EMBARRASS ME.

Lovette's determination to clean was unwavering, a coping mechanism she resorted to when stress took hold

Lovette's determination to clean was unwavering, a coping mechanism she resorted to when stress took hold. As Chris' visit approached, she found herself engulfed in a cleaning frenzy, even though the house was already spotless. Every corner was subjected to her meticulous scrutiny, every item carefully arranged. Perfection was her pursuit.

In stark contrast, Levi embraced his messy nature, never feeling the compulsion to clean with such fervour. He watched Lovette's cleaning frenzy with a mixture of amusement and bemusement.

"Love, why are you cleaning underneath the kitchen island?" he called out, his voice laced with playful curiosity.

Her response was muffled, but Levi managed to decipher her words, "It's dirty."

Chuckling, he crouched down and crawled under the island to join his sister. "Trust me, they're not going to be inspecting beneath here," he reassured her. "Everything is clean, Lovette."

She pursed her lips, still plagued by doubt. "The living room?"

"Clean," Levi affirmed.

"The bathrooms?" she persisted.

Suppressing a laugh, he replied, "You've cleaned them twice already."

"What about the game room?"

"All good to go," he confirmed.

Knowing Lovette's anxiety in moments like these, Levi chose reassurance over teasing. He understood her nerves and the need for everything to be just right.

"You should take a break, indefinitely," he suggested, gently urging her to step away from her cleaning frenzy.

"I can't," Lovette protested.

Levi guffawed. "Yes, you can. The house is cleaner than it was when Maeve moved in."

She closed her eyes, attempting to heed her brother's advice. Lovette conceded that Levi was right. She definitely needed to get out from underneath the kitchen island. Removing her rubber gloves, she shot her brother a warning look. "Please, do not embarrass me."

"That's a lot to ask from me," Levi quipped, his tone playful.

"Levi," Lovette whined.

"Alright, I'll add it to my to-do list," he said, feigning seriousness.

The tension in Lovette's body seemed to dissipate at his words.

"You mind cleaning my room? Since you're in a cleaning mood," he cheekily added.

"Fuck off," Lovette playfully retorted, throwing the gloves at her brother.

As the minutes ticked by, Lovette found herself sitting nervously in her room. She had shed her cleaning attire and opted for a more casual outfit, though not without considerable deliberation. Getting ready had proven to be a challenge in itself, as she had changed her outfit three different times. Each time, the reason for the change seemed slightly different from the last. Lovette needed to keep herself occupied, so she turned her attention to preparing snacks. With each item arranged to her heart's desire, she couldn't help but wonder if Chris was even half as nervous as she was.