EIGHT

ੈ✩‧₊˚
IRL!
*ੈ✩‧₊˚

italics indicate a memory

↳ ❝SHE'S THE PRETTIEST GIRL I'VE EVER SEEN.

"Just with you, Lovie," Chris's words echoed in his mind

Those four words held a weight he couldn't ignore, stirring a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions within him.

Lovette's response, "That's comforting," replayed in his mind like a broken record, leaving him in a state of confusion. What did she really mean by that?

The following nights, their hangouts continued, seemingly unaffected by the pivotal moment they shared. Chris did his best to hide his nerves, masking them with an air of nonchalance. It was as if they were in a dance, each step forward accompanied by anticipation of what would happen next.

Chris couldn't help but notice the increasing frequency of their outings. He found himself suggesting new places for them to go, hoping to create memorable experiences. Yet, an undercurrent of anxiety tugged at his thoughts. Would he eventually run out of places to show her? Unbeknownst to Chris, Lovette's enjoyment didn't hinge on the places they visited but on the simple pleasure of spending time with him.

And so, it leads Chris to stand outside Matt's room. While aware that Matt is with his girlfriend, Leanna, he opens the door nonetheless, silently praying he won't stumble upon an awkward situation. Fortunately, the two of them appear to be engrossed in a movie.

"What happened to knocking?" Matt questions, pausing the movie they were watching.

"Shit, sorry," Chris apologizes, stepping into the room and shutting the door behind him. "I need to talk to you, both of you. You're not in the middle of something important, right?"

"Chris, we're busy," Matt whines.

Leanna snorts and adds, "No, we're not. There are only so many Liam Neeson movies I can handle at once."

Matt looks offended, his mouth agape at his girlfriend's comment.

"I watch the movies because I love you," Leanna sweetly interjects before turning her attention to Chris. "Anyway, what's up?"

His mouth dries, suddenly realizing that he'll have to verbalize his feelings toward Lovette. He pauses, trying to figure out the right words to say. "I like someone and it's the first time I've had feelings in a while."

"Airport girl?" Leanna rhetorically, asks, well aware that is who he is referring to.

"Her name's Lovette." Chris and Matt say simultaneously.

Matt grins, nudging his girlfriend's shoulder, "He calls her Lovie."

Leanna's eyes widen as she looks over at Chris, "That's really cute."