EIGHTEEN

*ੈ✩‧₊˚
IRL
ੈ✩‧₊˚

↳ ❝THERE'S BEAUTY
IN RELAXING, LOVIE.

Chris was the epitome of a laid-back person, never one to stress about anything

Chris was the epitome of a laid-back person, never one to stress about anything. He took pride in his ability to stay relaxed in any situation and firmly believed that worrying was pointless. Lovette, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. She thrived on order and structure, excelling in math and computer science, where everything followed a clear path with minimal surprises. Her need for control seemed to seep into other aspects of her life, leaving little room for spontaneity or surprises.

As they spent more time together, Chris began to see how Lovette's constant need for order and predictability weighed on her. She was always planning, calculating, and organizing, leaving little time for relaxation or fun. He knew that it was his laid-back nature that initially drew her to him, but he also realized that his approach to life could be helpful in showing her a different way to find happiness and peace.

Lovette sat at her desk, surrounded by textbooks and study materials, her heart pounding in her chest. She had meticulously planned out her study schedule, allocating specific times for each subject, but somehow, the day had slipped away, and she found herself struggling to keep up with her own expectations. Her need for order and control was clashing with the chaos of the situation, and the pressure was mounting.

As she tried to focus on her notes, her hands began to tremble, and her breathing quickened. Panic started to take hold, and she felt a suffocating weight on her chest. Lovette's mind raced with anxious thoughts, and she couldn't shake the fear of failure.

Just then, Chris walked into the room, immediately sensing that something was wrong. He could see the distress on Lovette's face and the way her hands shook as she clutched her pen.

"Lovie, hey," Chris said softly, crossing the room to sit beside her. "Take a deep breath, okay? You've got this."

But Lovette could hardly hear his words over the cacophony of panic in her mind. Her heart felt like it was about to burst out of her chest, and tears welled up in her eyes.

"I-I can't do this," she stammered, her voice barely above a whisper. "I'm so behind, and everything is falling apart."

Chris placed a comforting hand on her back, gently rubbing circles to soothe her. "I'm right here with you, and we'll get through it together."

Lovette's breathing started to synchronize with Chris's calming touch, and she clung to his presence.

"You're smart and capable," Chris reassured her. "You've put in so much hard work, and it's going to pay off. I believe in you, and I know you can do this."

As Chris spoke, Lovette tried to focus on his voice, letting his words sink in and push back the overwhelming anxiety. She knew that Chris wouldn't lie to her, and his unwavering support gave her strength.