FOURTEEN

ੈ✩‧₊˚
IRL!
*ੈ✩‧₊˚

↳ ❝ DO YOU THINK SHE'LL BE ABLE TO TELL THAT I'M SCARED SHITLESS?

↳ ❝ DO YOU THINK SHE'LL BE ABLE TO TELL THAT I'M SCARED SHITLESS? ❞

Chris had royally fucked up. The moment the words, "I don't know, Lovette," slipped out of his mouth, he knew he had made a grave mistake. The sight of her crumpled face only confirmed his assumption. Guilt surged through him, intensified by the sound of her closing his door.

God, he was a fucking idiot.

"How bad was it?" Kalani asked, her face appearing on the Facetime call.

The triplets had connected with Kalani through their manager, Laura. While they were influencers, she was an actress, signed to Zstardigital. Despite the difference in their careers, they had formed a fast friendship. Kalani seemed to click with each triplet in her own unique way.

"Bad," Chris replied simply, his mind still haunted by that evening with Lovette.

"On a scale from 1-10? 10 being the worst," Kalani inquired.

Chris let out a sigh, running his hands through his hair. "Fifteen."

"Jesus, Chris, what did you say to her?"

And so, Chris recounted the moment, cringing at his mishandling of the situation. He genuinely liked Lovette. He wanted to be with her, but his words had carelessly revealed the turbulence within his own mind.

Kalani sighed, pausing to gather her thoughts. "Why are you so afraid of having a girlfriend?"

The question made Chris purse his lips. He had never verbalized the reason before, often masking it with jokes to dismiss any deeper discussion.

"I don't know," Chris shrugged, a touch of vulnerability creeping into his voice. "I'm only 19, for one. And I guess the only people who really know me are Matt and Nick. They know my flaws, and they love me anyway because they're my brothers. I don't know if she'd feel the same way about me if she knew me like they do."

Kalani listened attentively, her eyes focused on Chris. "I had the same fear when I was with my last girlfriend. I understand how scary it can be, but you have to realize that not everyone will run away from you just because they know your flaws. You can let yourself be seen by her."

Chris fidgeted in his seat, trying to absorb her words. The idea that someone could truly accept him, flaws and all, was both comforting and scary as hell.

"How did you deal with it?" Chris asked, his voice filled with curiosity and a glimmer of hope.

"I had to learn to be vulnerable with her, instead of simply being open," Kalani explained. "People often confuse the two, but they're not the same at all. Being open is about sharing facts, there's no emotional risk involved. You need to be vulnerable with her. Talk to her about it. Share your fears and concerns."