SIX

ੈ✩‧₊˚
IRL!
*ੈ✩‧₊˚

↳ ❝ I GET LIKE, STUPID AROUND HER. MORE THAN USUAL.

Chris found comfort in the melodies that intertwined with Lovette's world

Chris found comfort in the melodies that intertwined with Lovette's world. The songs she casually mentioned became gateways to her emotions, and he listened intently, hoping to gain a deeper understanding of her. Through her song choices, he recognized her affinity for R&B music, each beat and lyric painting a portrait of her soul.

As the smooth rhythm of Mac Ayers' "Easy" resonated in his ears, Chris sat at the kitchen island, basking in the comfort of Lovette's musical presence. A message from her appeared on his screen, and his heart skipped a beat as he swiftly composed a reply. Unbeknownst to him, a genuine smile curved his lips, a departure from his usual expressions, and it didn't go unnoticed by MaryLou, the boys' mother.

Interrupting her lunch preparations, MaryLou remarked, "You keep smiling at your phone."

Nick, emerging from his room, caught wind of the conversation and joined in with a mischievous grin. Opening the fridge, he teased, "Probably 'cause he's talking to his girlfriend." He grabbed a drink, feigning nonchalance.

Surprised, MaryLou turned to Chris, her curiosity piqued. "You have a girlfriend? Since when?"

Chris couldn't help but roll his eyes, dismissing Nick's playful insinuation. "She's not my girlfriend. I don't know what Nick is talking about."

Amidst the banter, Matt entered the room, catching the tail end of the conversation. With a knowing smile, he chimed in, "Yeah, but you like her."

MaryLou's face lit up, intrigued by the prospect of her son's blossoming feelings. "How much do you like her?"

Chris paused, pondering the question. He let out a sigh, his voice tinged with vulnerability. "I get like, stupid around her. More than usual. It's like I can't think properly."

Sitting next to her son, MaryLou's tender gaze enveloped him. "Well, you're not stupid. None of my boys are. But I don't think it's stupidity, Chris. You're just nervous, and that's normal."

Just as her words resonated, Chris's phone buzzed, signaling another message from Lovette. A small smile graced his lips, evidence of the effect she had on him.

Amused by their brother's behavior, Nick chimed in, sharing his observations. "Mom, he's been like this since he met her. He stays up all the time just to talk to her."

Matt nodded, confirming Nick's words. "Yeah, it's like he's under a spell."

Chris brushed off their teasing, focusing on his interaction with Lovette. Today, they had planned to go out, continuing their self-proclaimed tour. He hadn't shared this with his brothers yet, aware of the playful banter that would ensue.