ONE

*ੈ✩‧₊˚
IRL!
*ੈ✩‧₊˚

↳ ❝PEANUT
ALLERGIES
SUCK!

 Chris's brothers won't let it go

Chris's brothers won't let it go. His brothers, Matt and Nick, keep teasing him about his alleged crush on the girl in the airport terminal. Sure, she's pretty, and Chris can't deny the flutter in his chest when their eyes meet. But he's not sure that those are the qualifications for a crush. Chris brushes off his brothers' teasing, pretending not to care, though his mind keeps drifting back to her.

"You guys are so fucking annoying," Chris scoffs, trying to appear nonchalant. But his eyes betray him as they involuntarily wander back to the girl across from him. Their eyes meet once again, and for a brief moment, the world seems to slow down. She smiles at him, a fleeting gesture that sends a rush of warmth through his veins. Chris can't help but smile back, his heart pounding in his chest.

She's more than just pretty— she's captivating. But he keeps those thoughts to himself, not wanting to reveal his growing interest because his brothers will never let him hear the end of it. Instead, he focuses on maintaining an air of calm and collectedness, even though a whirlwind of thoughts swirls in his mind.

Lovette's focus is shattered when her twin brother, Levi, sits back down (he had told her he went to get a snack). She eyes his can of soda—he got her favourite, an orange Crush. Right as she reaches over to take a sip, Levi slaps her hand away.

Levi's eyes narrow into slits, moving the soda away from his sister, "Did you try asking first?"

As Lovette leans back into her seat, she rolls her eyes in annoyance. She presses the palms of her hands together in a prayer motion and asks, "Fine, can I please have a sip of your soda?"

Levi's mouth turns upward, the smile not quite reaching his eyes. "No."

Lovette guffaws and crosses her arms over her chest. "Levi, what the fuck?" she scoffs.

He shrugs, cracking open the soda and hearing the satisfying sound of the carbonated drink fizzing, "Even if I wanted to, you couldn't have it."

Levi reveals his snack of choice—Reece's Pieces— which his sister is deathly allergic to. The allergy was first spotted when she was four years old at a birthday party. She innocently snacked on a peanut butter brownie and suddenly was in anaphylactic shock.

"Fuck you," she huffs, "you did that on purpose—you've never liked sharing."

"Well, that's the funny thing," Levi pauses, taking an exaggerated sip of his drink. He retorts, "Because you can't prove that."

"Peanut allergies suck!" the girl mutters to herself, getting up to get her own snack from the vending machine.

Lovette's footsteps echo through the corridor as she embarks on the seemingly endless trek to the vending machine. She gets a little lost along the way but eventually finds herself eyeing the last can of Crush. Making a quick decision, she also decides that she wants a Hershey's bar. However, her initial excitement dwindles when she realizes that the machine does not take Apple Pay, nor does she have any cash on her. Not only does she have to sit in this airport— with a flight that has been delayed not once, but twice!— but she has nothing to snack on. With an exasperated sigh, she quickly turns around, only to be met with the boy she was sitting across from.