11. Who are you?

Eve's pov

"I'm sorry but should I feel something? What do mean?" I answered Vlad who was still holding that bottle with red liquid under my nose. The smell of it slowly started to get unpleasant.
Vlad stared at me looking into my eyes deeply, maybe to find even the littlest kind of reaction or change, but he could not find even a trace of it.
He sighed and stood up while putting the bottle down on the table in front of me.

"One more thing we can crossed out on the list. Lord Vlad that was our best option and it failed. Do you have another idea?" Faust asked Vlad who sat down on his seat again, but he did not get an answer. Vlad closed his eyes se seemingly deep in thought.

My attention turned to the bottle again. The lit was still open and the smell surrounded me slowly again.
'I know this smell from somewhere...'
I took the bottle into my hands and took a deep sniff at it.

'It has a really strong smell.'
I sway the bottle in my hands lightly so the liquid sways left and right.

'Drink it.'

Huh?
'What was that? It felt like a female voice is coming from inside my head. Like yesterday.'

'Come on now. You know it smells good...'

'What the hell? Who are you?!'
No answer.

I definitely didn't imagine it. There's a voice inside my head I don't recognise.
First I lose my memories and now this. Am I crazy.

I put a hand on my temple and tried to massage the headache away that ia on its way.

I looked down again.
The bottle. Red liquid. Iron smell. Vampires. Shit. It's...

"...blood. This is blood, isn't it?" I asked putting the bottle down on the table in front of me.

"So you're not so dumb after all, Eve. That's good!" Chales remarked.

"Then what was this all about? A test?" I asked and looked directly at the person who I knew would give me the answer.

"Vlad." I demand an answer even if I have to coerce it out of him.

The one in question sighed and was now the one who massaged his temples.
"There's something happening a bit unexpected and we are trying to figure it out. Since you woke you have not had thirst for anything nor showed any symptoms of changing into a vampire, but you are not a human anymore. That I can tell by your smell." He explained.

I crossed my arms and leaned back into my seat.
'So there is something wrong with my body and they don't know what to do. I do feel strong and healthy though, if that counts to my body being allright.'

After Vlad talked nobody said anything anymore. It's really quiet. The only thing you can hear is the faint ticking from the clock. The son has risen and shines thought the half open curtains and lits up the toom in a cozy light.
'It's so nice and quiet. It's so comfy and...and warm. I can't... I can't help it my eyes they...'

'I told you...'

...

I rolled myself into a ball and pulled the blanket closer to my head.
'So...tired...'
I don't know why but it feels like I haven't sleeped at all, even thought I certainly did.

"Somebody awake?" That voice was that Vlad? I don't know. My head it feels like there is a thick fog preventing me to think straight.
My body has no energy to move any more than it should and my mind does not let me think.

'What the hell...is happening...?'
I could barely open my eyes to distinguish a persons silhouette in front of me. They closed immediately after against my will.