10. Hunger?

Day ???, Paris 

Eve's pov

I was sitting on a chair in front of a mirror and Charles was behind me working his way through my hair with scissors.
I didn't realize it at first, but my hair is in really bad shape.
My hair length was uneven, hair strings were missing here and there.
Someone would assume that I fought with a tiger.

Charles did the last snip and put the scissors down next to me and combed through my hair.

"And... we're finished. What do you think?" He said with a proud smile on his face.

I looked at myself throughout in the mirror. I looked really different then before. I couldn't recognise myself anymore.

"It's... it's as if someone else is standing in front of me. I seem really different." Charles didn't say anything. He crossed his arms and stepped a bit back.
In the mirror I could see Vlad leaning against the doorframe.
He had his tender smile on his face like always.
He pushed himself of the doorframe and slowly walked over to me.

He stopped behind me and put his hands on my shoulders.
"You look a lot better, Eve." He let his hand glide through my now shoulder length hair.
"Only this does not look natural." He referred to my front bags, because those turned white after Vlad bit me like he explained. Even he does not know how it happened. He never heard of something like this before.

"Anyways, now that that's taken care of. What would you like to do?" He asked still standing behind me and his hands on my shoulders again.
I looked at him in the mirror and he looked me in the eyes.

What I would like to do?
I don't know.
I don't know anything about me and where I am exactly.
So how should I know what I would like to do.

"Could you show me around here? I don't want to stay coped up in this room any longer."

'Wait. That's not I wanted to say!
Somehow my mouth moved on its own!' I looked at my hands to see of they would still listen to what I want and they did, so why was it that my mouth said something on its own?

"Sure. Follow me." Vlad said and made his way to the door and waited for me.
I was still confused but slowly followed him.
'The truth is I just want to lay down and rest...'

...

He walked around and he showed me where his room was in case I ever needed something and then he  continued to guide us outside until we arrived in the garden of the castle.
Everywhere were flowers of different colours and shapes that I never saw before in my life.

Vlad slowed down so did I and he took a watering can that was nearby and began to water the flowers. I just watched him while looking a bit more throughly at my surroundings.

...

A few minutes had gone by and Vlad finished with watering the flowers. In the meantime I found a stone to sit down. I thought he was done and we would go back to the room where I woke up, but now he took scissors out.
I looked through the flower beds and called out to Vlad.
"Why do you need those scissors? As far as I can see there are no flowers that have gone bad or dried out."
He gave me a glance then walked around the flowers, suddenly he
stopped and called me over.

Reluctantly I made my way over.
'My body is so tired...it was really difficult to stand up again.'
I slowly but steadily made my way over to Vlad and came to a halt next to him.
He snipped off a closed red rose and held it to me.
"Why did you snip that one off? It still looks good."
Vlad put his scissors away and put both of his hands on either side of the rose and pried it open, revealing its rotting black insides.
"Just because something looks healthy and beautiful on the outside doesn't mean that you should think the same about the inside.
Sadly most of the time it is the most beautiful and innocent one that is rotting on the inside."
Vlad looked at the flower in his hands and I could see a hint of sadness in them. I guess he must have meant something with the last sentence that brought up sad memories for him.