8. Mozart's (peaceful) concert

25th day in France, Kayla's pov

Beautiful and lovely piano sounds echo through the angelic room.
While Mozart was playing with his eyes closed, I sat on the couch and listened to it wholeheartedly.

...

"Tomorrow is the day. Aren't you nervous. I feel like I could collapse any moment. I'm so nervous and excited at the same time. My first concert and that of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart himself! How long will it be and what wi-"

The sound of the piano died down with one slam of Mozart's hands on the piano keys.

"Stop! Please stop..." he sighed and looked over to me.

"You will see for yourself tomorrow, so no need to pester me with questions now."

I only huffed at him.

"In other words you say I should shut up and that I shouldn't annoy you anymore."

He only sighed at my comment.
"You know I did not mean it that way.", he looked at the clock "Come on its time for breakfast."
With that he stood up and held the door open for me.

As we walked side by side Theo popped out of a nearby door.
"You two are not normal. What time did you two wake up this time?"

Mozart and I looked at each other and then I smiled at Theo.

As I did not say anything he understood.
"You guys are crazy." he said with a face of disbelief. I laughed at his reaction.

"Let's go eat. I'm starving~..."

"Then lead the way hondje."

"Hey! I'm not some kind of dog who leads the way, you bully!"

"Pfftt-"

...

After talking with the ones that were present at breakfast and finishing my food I made my way out of the dining room.
"Ma Chéri, would you lend me a second of your time?"
As I turned around I could see Comte waking towards me and guiding me out of the room.
"Where are we going?" I asked.

"A place where we can have a nice little chat."
And that place was in the garden. We sat down on a bench surrounded by all kinds of flowers.
Tulips and Roses in every colour possible.
There were also Forget-me-nots and Lily-of-the-Valleys... and that's about every flower name I know...

"Kayla."

"Huh?" I was confused Comte never called me by my name anf my body got all tense.

"I hope you are aware that there is only five days left for you here in this mansion." he looked sorry that he had to say it and I didn't quit understand what he wants to say to me.
"I am sorry but I don't quite understand what you mean Comte." I said my voice a bit shaky.

I think he saw how tense I got, because the next moment I could feel a big warm hand on top of my head.
It feels so much different from Leonardo's hand.
Comte's hand had such a warm and comforting radiance that I automaticly relaxed, with this simple gesture.

"I apologise if I frightened you, my dear. It is just that..." Comte paused to think about his next words more carefully. "I just wanted to know if, in five days, you will be able to go though that door?"

"You said that after approximately one month the door opens and I can go back or am I wrong?" I asked.

"No, you are correct. But I am not referring to that when I asked my question but your mentality. Let me rephrase my question.
Are you able to make up your mind to go through that door?"