2. The Residents

Kayla's pov

"Wait, fo up really think I can sleep right now after hearing all of this?!" I asked not wanting to leave, because I have so many questions left.
"You need time to process everything you heard before you hear the rest of it, mademoiselle. But do you believe everything I said?" the man in gold asked.
"Kind of..." was the only thing I could say, because some things were still hard to believe.
"Allright since the explanation part is over we should go over to the introduction, because you will be living with us for a whole month. My name is Le Comte de Saint-Germain but you can call me Comte, if you like.
Next to me standing is Sebastian the butler of the mansion. You can ask him anything if you ever feel uncomfortable and behind you, the one who saved you is-" Comte couldn't finish because my savoir intervened. "Let me introduce myself, cara mia. I'm Leonardo da Vinci. I look forward living with you for a month." Leonardo said and ruffled my hair.
"Hey! Stop! Hah...anyways my name is Kayla. It's nice to meet you guys too and thank you for letting me stay here." I said while blocking Leonardo's hand from ruffling my hair before I got locks.

A few hours later, night-time

'I'm exhausted...just your luck Kayla. What have you gotten yourself into...' sighing I look around my temporary room and lay on the bed, getting tired.
'Well I hope nothing more happens until I get to go home...' with that thought, I fell asleep.

The next day

'Hm...what should I do I'm bored...' waking up at 5 a.m. I found it hard to fall asleep and so I decided to walk and have a look around before any of the residents wake up.
'I don't even have my phone with me, but it wouldn't work here anyways.' sighing I finally found the stairs to go downstairs.
There I was presented with an big hall and what looked like the door that leads outside.
'Should I...' I walked to it and pressed the doorknob down.

"What are you doing here?" a voice said behind me. Turning around I saw a white haired man with purple eyes and sheets of paper in his right hand and a empty glass in his left.
'Woah, I don't know why but he looks so elegant...' maybe because I didn't answer him and only stared he scoffed and walked towards me. He was much taller than me so he was literally looming over me and I pressed my back against the door trying to get away from him.
"You are a human, so what are you doing here?" he looked at me with an analysing face.
"Huh? H-Human? I, well, I am staying here..." I said barely able to hear and I earned a confused face of the man in front of me. "It's true Mozart, let her be." a male voice said behind of Mozart, yawning afterwards. After he turned around I could see that it was Leonardo walking towards us, while scratching the back of his neck.
"But she is a human, Leonardo, does she know who we are and in what kind of danger she is in?" Mozart asked clearly not pleased with my presence.
Leonardo just sighed.
"Yes she is a human, she doesn't know about us and about the danger Comte already found a solution to that. So don't worry. And if you ask, we were going to tell everyone at breakfast today about her, but I would not have imagined that she would be awake so early. You are quite the early riser, both of you. " after Leonardo summarised the situation I am in to Mozart, he apologised to for scaring me and said he was only on his way to the kitchen to get a new glass of water and take a break from the piano and now he discovered that there will be another person living here with him. The last part he only muttered, but I still heard it.
"Hah...thanks again Mr. Leonardo."I said and he chuckled short.
"Mr. Leonardo, I may be old but still, hearing that feels funny. But you can call me Leonardo, cara mia." he said and ruffled my hair again, but this time lighter.
"Well...then thank you for helping me again Leonardo, but I have a question for you." he signalled me to continue.
"About the danger part you were talking about a moment ago, you said that Comte found a solution? What do you mean by that?" I asked curiously and he only smiled at me.
"Well, cara mia. Say hello to your guardian that will protect and entertain you for the month you'll be staying here." he said starting to walk towards the stairs with one hand up waving at me.