CHAPTER NINE

You're back at work along with Jace and John who was having a chat with Jiho, discussing about the gambling game where Jiho made tons of money thanks to it.

Jace had the face of displeasure as he just eavesdropped at the two's conversation, leaning at the counter while you washed the dishes again.

"Are you worried for them?" You approached Jace quietly and whispered to him while keeping your eyes at Jiho and John.

He was a bit startled that you noticed his thoughts. Jace nodded in reply before resting his arms at the counter.

"Yeah, I don't know what they're getting on lately." He spoke in a hushed voice for the other males to not hear as he wanted to keep a conversation with you.

"John was able to persuade Jiho in playing this illegal game, now he earns a lot of money from it." You added while glaring at both of them and crossed your arms over your chest.

Jace turned his head and glanced at you. But a few moments later, someone entered the Café walking towards to Jiho and John.

It was a male who rather looked familiar to you for some reason, as if you saw him before. He bent over and placed his hands on his knees and looked at Jiho with an approachable demeanor.

"Jake!" Jiho did not expected for Jake to be this nice, on the other hand—Jace frowned upon seeing Jake's act in front of the young male.

Jake's boss handed out a few stacks of money to him as a treat before he left. Jake bowed down as a pay of respect before shifting his attention back to Jiho.

"Jiho, have you eaten yet? Since I have money let's get something to eat." Jake suggested his plan with the money, talking with the shorter male with a wide smile.

"Nah bro, how about a drink instead?" Jiho spoke in an arrogant way trying not to be the weakest among them.

Jake and John liked the idea as they both agreed to each other. But before they could left, Jace made his way to John and stopped in front of him with a straight face.

"Hey, what are you getting into lately?"

Jace demanded for an answer from John who was trying to play it innocent.

"Huh? What do you mean? Just working at the Café like you and F/N, and I'm going home when I'm off." John replied acting oblivious but he didn't know that you told Jace about what he did during that night at the convenience store.

Jace sensed that John was lying and there was something more than that. He found himself silent as he just looked at somewhere.

"Well, I, I mean, we kinda know that guy so don't get him in trouble." Jace looked at you as he meant for Jiho, who goes to the same school with you and was known to cause trouble.

Then, Jake grabbed Jace by the shoulder and put weight on it.

"Could you move please?"

Jake's voice was sharp and his expression turned into a dark one sending a shiver down to Jace's spin. His body felt chill from how scared he was especially from how strong Jake's grip was on him.

"Jace, just move."

You said as you wiped the wet cups with a clean cloth and caught everyone's attention. Jace knew what you meant because he couldn't do anything right now except to let them go.

Jake looked at you with a frown, he looked at you from head to toes before shrugging it off.

"Strange."

Sensing how scared Jace grew, Jake released his hold at Jace and tapped his back and whispered. "You're lucky."

"Let's go Jiho." Jiho nodded as he followed Jake along with John while Jace was left speechless at the scene.