CHAPTER THREE

"I'm home."

Your vocal echoed at the living room as you removed your shoes and stepped inside the humble home.

The aged woman who was relaxing on the couch wirh cucumbers on her eyes with a mask sheet that she hopes will cover up her wrinkles.

Your mother probably just returned home from the bar or club after working as a hostess that socializes with guests.

As you saw the sight of how your mother was at ease, you decided to ignore her presence and was about to take a step on the stairs.

"Where's the money?"

She asked who extended her hand gesturing you, her daughter, to give her the money you earned from the festival.

"I didn't earned anything, Ma." You lied as your voice came out soft and had a gentle smile which the older woman grew irritated from.

She sat up from the couch and removed the cucumbers from his eyes and ate it.

"Bullshit," Your mother cursed out. "you know we're gonna use that money to pay the bills." She mentioned as she had an intense glare on you.

The sound of your mother's tongue clicking was heard that showed her impatience. You averted your gaze from her and stayed silent for a while.

But probably the reason why she was asking for the money she gained most likely was to buy dozens of alcohol again or boxes of cigarettes.

Closing your eyes tight, you handed her a few dollars before storming off to your room. As you locked herself in the bedroom, you dived on the bed and buried yourself on the pillows.

"Why did you left us, Pa..?"

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

Your father was rampaging on the house, destroying everything thinking there was money inside. He looked so frustrated that it led him to be this crazy.

"Where's the money you dipshit?!"

Your mother raised her voice as she took note of the man's arrival as rapid footsteps were heard from the kitchen to the living room where her husband was.

She was just cooking peacefully not until the father of the family suddenly returned back to the residence.

"It's all gone, they cheated so it wasn't my fault!"

While the you who was young before, was there to witness everything. You sat on the floor by the corner playing with the toys while listening to your parents argue.

The vase that was near the television fell and your mother picked up one of the shards. She looked mad at her husband that she charged towards him planning to slash him with the sharp edge of the vase piece.

This is also one of the reasons why you want to avoid conflict as much as you can.

Few minutes of bickering, you saw your father carrying a bag and left with no words. Your mother went towards you and caressed your hair.

"Where's papa?" You happened to asked, your purity within your eyes sparkled.

"He's just looking for a job, sweetheart." Obviously, she had to lie, not knowing that you'll gain this trait from her — using sweet words to make lies convincing.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

Once again, few days passed and exams were finally over. As expected, you ranked third as usual with Daniel being the top student on class.