Chapter Nine: The Hunt

"Look, this is our best shot, if we somehow in a safe way, find it, and kill it, we're all good."

"I don't feel like it's going to be THAT simple, but whatever."

"Okay, so this thing, HATES fire, and explosions damage it. what if we set some explosives in the woods for it to set off?" Three openly asked out loud.

"In the woods, where a forest fire can happen?"

"It's winter, Meggy!"

"So?! It can still happen!"

"Ladies, ladies! let's not argue." Four smugly spoke up.

Both huffed in response.

"hmmmm... I kinda agree with Three on this one, if it triggers one and sets it off, not only will it hurt itself, but we'll have a viewpoint on where to find it and hunt it down." Luigi claimed.

he took a moment to continue.

"as much as I care about the woods Meggy, I think the snow will help cancel it out, plus, I feel it'll give us a head start."

Meggy rubbed her temple.

"Yeah, you're right plus, it's the best plan I think we all have."

"You guys know how many explosives I have in my cafe, This will be easy." Three smirked.

"Okay, what I'm hearing is, we're setting explosive traps in the woods, and watching for it tonight. Then when it hits one, we strike."

A bunch of heads nodded in agreement. Except for Smg3's.

"Wait a minute, what if it doesn't show up on its own? how are we going to get it down here in the first place?" He asked.

Everyone hummed at the thought.

"WHAT ABOUT BAIT?" :D

"Mario, no. I'm not sure." Four dismissed.

"BUT FOUR, THINK ABOUT IT, IF A SMALL GROUP OF US GOES INTO A SPOT IN THE WOODS AND PLAYS BAIT, IT WILL GO FOR IT. AND THEN, WE HAVE THE EXPLOSIVES ALL AROUND THE BAIT!"

"That's.... not a bad idea Red. I like it. Four? Three?"

"hmmm..... Yeah! you know what? I like it too! except..."

everyone raised an eyebrow.

"Who's the bait?"

Smg4 suddenly felt eyes all on him as Three and Mario felt the same thing.

...

The men in the three red, blue, and violet jackets sat on a fallen tree trunk in the middle of the snowy woods. It was currently dusk.

"Well, this f**king sucks. You just had to ask that question didn't you Four??"

"I didn't think that question would make them choose immediately!"

"MARIO'S USED TO BEING BAIT. YOU NOW FEEL MARIO SUFFERING DON'T YOU??" D:<

Four moved to snap at him but paused with his mouth open, he then looked to the side with creeping guilt.

"Well, Four, your friends probably know what they're doing. Once something happens, well, if anything happens, they'll be ready to respond. their only under a hundred yards away, they're close by."

"You mean OUR friends."

"psh- fdhcjd- whatever."

"AND YOU HAVE MARIO!" ;D

"and *sigh* we have Mario. so relax, it's still dusk anyway, so we have a bit till the thing might show up."

Three winced in discomfort and squeezed his eyes shut as he sensed his horns growing larger. Mario and Four sat beside each side of him, observing the transformation with a mix of curiosity and concern. and Four watched with immediate concern.