Chapter four: The D-day

Start from the beginning

"Yes mom" I said with my face still looking down to the floor as though I was referring to it.

She left and I heaved a sigh of relief even though I wasn't feeling relieved.

She thinks she has taken it all from me but can she?

All I looked up to was the meeting tonight.

"At least I won't be alone doing nothing tonight" I said to myself packing all my games into a box.

LUKE
___________________________

It was almost half past twelve and no sign of them at all.

This got me thinking and I began to blame myself for being so selfish and for bringing up such an idea.

I waited for about fifteen minutes later and concluded that no one is coming. I locked my window and climbed my bed to catch some sleep.

I dozed off and all of a sudden I heard noise from my window. Someone knocked.

"Who could be knocking on my window by this time of the night. Could it be Mr. Dark?" The thought of it made shivers run down my spine.

The knock persisted and then I remembered that my friends are meant to come over.

"But it's already too late. I'm not sure it's them" I said trying to convince myself not to open the window.

When I noticed the person wouldn't stop I decided to open it.

As I opened it, i saw it was them. All of them looking afraid. They should be. I opened it and they all entered looking at me as though am a villain.

Maybe I am...

"Hey guys, sorry for keeping you waiting. I didn't know who it was and I thought it was maybe thieves or something related to it." I apologized but they still looked angry.

"It's okay" Said Ann "isn't it guys?"

"No it isn't! He kept us outside for over twenty minutes and you're saying it's okay?" Maya reacted angrily.

"But he said he was sorry" Ann defended.

"Yeah. I'm really sorry" I pleaded hoping they'll listen.

"No problem man" said Max then after a few seconds Maya nodded.

"Alright everyone take your seats as we unfold the matter at hand." I said and everyone grabbed a chair to sit. Then I continued "but before that, let's enjoy ourselves. Take anything you want. Drinks are available but don't take much of alcohol otherwise you'll all sleep outside tonight"

Everyone laughed as I said it and took what they needed. Max had only water.

When we were done. We started the meeting. Argued over whether we'll go after Mr. Dark or not and of course Majority wanted to go out leaving Anna behind. As she noticed that no one was with her, she gave up arguing.

"So how do we just go after someone we don't know his whereabouts?" Maya asked and everyone looked as though they just remembered something important.

"About that, I grabbed some information but haven't investigated on it yet." I said and I saw interest and hope in their faces.

"A man said he once saw Mr. Dark take a child once and he followed him up till they got close to the two bridges of Ceno City but all of a sudden everything looked as though Mr. Dark vanished into thin air and he was nowhere to be found."

"So that's literally it's towards the forest?" Asked Ann and I nodded in reply.

"Oh man, that's a long way from here" said Max.

"So how sure are you that it is true and this man you are talking about, where is he? Because I think we need more details than that before any actions will be taken" Commented Maya.

"Well, he actually dead right now. He died after telling everyone who cared to listen his story but only a few which at part of believed him." I looked at everyone and noticed they were serious and I continued " To verify it was true, first I suspect that it was Mr. Dark that killed him so he wouldn't let his secret out and also the person that was taken hostage was his daughter and he only followed at a distance to know the location but it dawned on him when he couldn't get what he wanted. He blamed himself for not taking actions immediately he saw him even though that would have resulted to his death or something related to it"

"We'll be can't just lie about such when his family is involved so he's definitely telling the truth"said Ann observantly.

"Yes" we all replied in unison.

" With problem one solved, I guess we have to look into how the journey will go. Our parents definitely won't allow us leave and we can't just sneak out. Can we?" Maya added

"No, no, no, no, I'm not leaving home without anyone's consent. They might think I have been taken" said Max abruptly.

"Neither am I" commented Ann

"So what do we do?" I asked looking into everyone's faces.

"Well, I do have a perfect plan in mind" Max said and all focused on him.

"And what's that?" Asked Maya

"All we have to........"

"Bum! Bum! Bum!" A knock came from my and my heart skipped a bit.

I thought we had been caught but then I heard a voice from the door.

"Luke, what are you doing?" That was Mary on the door.

"Uhm who's that?" I asked making my voice sound as though I've been asleep.

"I asked what are you doing?" She repeated the question then added " I've been hearing voices from here and trust me if it is what I think it is, you are not going scot free this time"

"I am not doing anything sis" I said trying to sound nice.

"Then open the door let me check it out myself" she said and started hitting the door.

"Wait a minute I'm coming to open it" I told her.

I signaled everyone and they all left through the way they came. Then I went to open the door.

"Since nothing was happening, who drank all this?" She asked

It was hard to answer but I covered up.

"I'm working on my drinking ability, my friends and I are participating in a drinking contest but I wanna come first that's why am practicing." I answered her.

"Well, let me believe you for now. But just know that I have my eyes on every move you make in this house" she said then left.

I heaved a sigh of relief.

So, that was how the awesome friends gathering was ruined by my own sister.

Well a plan is already there so the meeting wasn't actually a waste of time.

——————————————

Author's note

You've seen how the chapter went
You can add your comments for interactions

Please don't forget to like and support. I really appreciate your efforts!

Thanks everyone 💜