34

"Don, we have her," one of my men informed as I took the call

"Good," I replied. "Keep her guarded until I get there, I'll handle it from here." I instructed and turned to Luna. I quickly kissed her forehead before making my way out.

"Russo" she called and I looked behind. Her eyes were filled with worry, and i could see she didn't want me to do this.

"Please be safe" she cupped my cheeks and whispered. I won't deny the wave of electricity that runs in my blood whenever she showed her care and concern for me.

I smiled and kissed the corner of her lips. "Tesoro, this isn't a war alright? I'll be back. Keep your mind distracted, I'll be back safe and sound, along with Marietta" she didn't give a verbal reply instead she embraced me.

As soon as I got the news that the bodyguards I hired to protect the condo while I was away had arrived, I left, my men following closely behind me, guns at the ready.

The drive to the cabin was short. As soon as the doors opened, I was met with the familiar scent of Hilda spicy perfume. My blood boiled, knowing she was the one master mind behind this.

She sat at a corner all tied up, looking helpless. Her eyes went wide and her mouth fell apart when she recognized my presence.

"R...Russo, you did this?"

I didn't have the energy to waste i went straight to the point. "Where is she?"

"What do you mean?" She pretended to be oblivious. I hissed, my anger barely contained.

"Don't play games with me, Hilda," I growled. "You know I'm not one to joke around. Where's Marietta?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She kept playing dumb and I felt my patience running thin.

My hands tightened around my gun, my finger itching to pull the trigger, but I forced myself to stay calm, knowing that I needed to get information out of her first.

"R..Russo, are you doing this for that b... "I dare you to finish that statement Hilda" I threatened and she visibly shook as I spoke.

"Why are you still punishing me Russo, I've apologized so many times, I did everything you asked me to do yet you kept your heart closed. But see how easy it was to love another woman" she yelled. I rolled my eyes and corked the gun.

"Don't fucking raise your voice at me. And talking about punishment? I don't think I've punished you enough, because what you did is unforgivable. Tell me, where is she? Else I'll just have to let you drown in a puddle of your own blood"

Her eyes widened in fear, and she began to tremble. I could see the fear and panic in her face as she realized I wasn't playing around.

"Okay, okay," she stammered. "I'll tell you."