𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Liana POV

"𝘼𝙇𝙀𝙎𝙎𝘼𝙉𝘿𝙍𝙄𝘼"

The train announces as familiar sights pass the windows, I let out a big sigh and begin to gather my items, and pick up my backpack, suitcase, and bag full of Christmas presents.

The carriage comes to a stop, and the doors open - I step onto the platform and already see my Dad standing in the station concourse waiting for me.

I walk towards him, and see a smile grow on his face as he notices me.

"Ciao mi biscottina," he smiles and opens his arms.

"Ciao Papà," I put my arms around him as we greet each other with a hug.

"Come on, I'm parked outside," he says, as he picks up my bags for me.

I follow him out, to see that he has traded in his old car - and bought a Tesla Series Y. I stand in a bit of a shock as I look at the new car.

"New car Papà?" I ask.

"Ah yes, I got a pay rise at work so your mother and I decided to trade in the old car and get a new one."

"Tesla is an interesting choice," I raise my eyebrows.

I take a seat in the front and we begin to drive away from the station.

"We haven't seen you in ages," he points out.

"I know,"

"We've missed you, Ana."

... Ana.

The nickname only really used by my family, and Davide. I get flashbacks to Monza. Seeing Davide, the fight between him and Charles in the club.

Charles, I wonder what he is up to. We didn't really speak to each other about winter break.

I look over at my father, and see a sad smile on his face.

"I missed you too Papà," I lean over and give his hand a squeeze.

"You have been travelling more with Raegan this year?" he asks.

"Yes, a bit, we went to Azerbaijan, Barcelona, Vegas and Abu Dhabi," I swallow a lump my throat at the thought of Abu Dhabi.. I mean, I wasn't there for long was I.

"It is nice to see you enjoying Formula 1 a bit more, I have heard that you are friends with the Ferrari drivers, people in town have been talking about it,"

"Oh have they really," the lump in my throat continues to grow, I try and concentrate on my breathing to calm down slightly.

"Yes, they say you are good friends with Charles Leclerc. Your mother said the same actually, she heard from Davide,"

"Did she really, Charles and I aren't really that close, must have been exaggerated." I try my best to shut the conversation down.

"If ever Raegan has another spare ticket, don't forget your old Papà, I'd love to join you for a race, even if i have to watch with Mclaren, I could support orange for a weekend."

"I'll let you know Papà,"

After around 15 minutes, we pull into the driveway outside my parents house.

"I'll get your bags biscottina, go and see your Mother."

I smile at him and take the dreaded walk and door into my parents home.

Now, you're probably wondering why I hate being here so much. I miss my Dad, of course, but my Mother... now you know those mothers who always hated every decision their children made, tried to relive their own childhood through their children, and got annoyed when their children made decisions they didn't like. That is my Mother.