𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

We had a couple more drinks before the car Lando arranged picked us up. A couple more drinks.. meaning another shot of tequila, and two "large" glasses of wine each. We were just the right level of buzzed, after my chat with Raegan earlier and a few more drinks - I was ready for the night out! Plus this dress of hers I am wearing... I look good and I feel good!

We pulled up outside Jimmy'z and the queue was wrapped around the building as usual, I started to walk to find the end as Raegan grabbed my arm.

"Li, where are you going?" she asked.

"To find the end of the queue?" I replied, "We've been here loads - you haven't had that many drinks you've forgotten where we have to go right?!"

"We're with the boys tonight girlie, we don't need to queue", she said with a wink... A WINK?! Who is this girl?

Raegan started to pull me towards the entrance, past the queue full of judgy onlookers - being Best Friends with an F1 driver's girlfriend sure has its perks. I have so much respect for Raegan though, she has a talent for being able to cold-shoulder the haters and the judgy looks.

"We're with Lando Norris, Raegan Williams plus one." she smiles sweetly at the bouncer as he radios the front desk to check we're permitted.

"Right this way ladies", the bouncer handed us two VIP wristbands, unclipped the rope and moved aside to let us in.

The music was booming as we walked towards the VIP area of the main room in the club. My stomach turned at the thought of momentarily being at a club with a bunch of high-performance athletes, well it was that or the tequila was starting to unsettle with the cannoli I gobbled in the bakery earlier.

"HERE COMES OUR RAE" shouts a man, walking towards us, with two glasses of champagne - one in each hand. "This is for you, and one for your friend." I can recognise him, but the dark room, combined with the lasers, smoke, disco lights (and tequila) made it a little harder to place him in my head.

"MAXI-BON" shouted Raegan back at him. Max Verstappen, current F1 world champion. I'd never met him, but have sure seen him on television before.

"This is Li, Liana my best friend, my sister from another mister, my other half, but also mine and Lando's third wheel." Raegan introduced me, I mean, she's not wrong.

"Nice to meet you Liana, I'm Max." he held his hand out for me to shake, formal.

"Is Kels here?! It has been AGES" asked Raegan.

"Yeah she's sat over there," he pointed towards a booth, where I saw an absolutely stunning dark-haired woman waving enthusiastically at Rae. She ran over and I was left with Max.

"That's Kelly, my girlfriend. They quite often have lunch together when we're at the track." I just nodded in response, so much for a girl's night right? "Come on, I'll introduce you to everyone." Max seems sweet, I had expected a bit of arrogance - but so far so sweet.

There was a group of boys all stood or sat around a large booth in the centre of the VIP floor, perfect view of the stage and the DJ booth - I can imagine they paid a lot for this prime spot.

Max coughed loudly to get everyone's attention, and I just stood next to him, clinging like a moth to a lamp... moths... now I'm thinking about moth memes haha - remember them?

Oh god, the tequila is hitting, act normal Liana.

"BOYS and Kelly, this is Liana. Rae's best friend. Liana, these are the boys and my girlfriend Kelly." He points at the boys one by one. "George, Carlos, Mick, Esteban, Lando and Charles."

Charles... I hadn't noticed him at first, but now I can feel his presence in the same way you can feel a spiderweb when you walk through it. You can't always see it, but you know it's there.