𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

"SURPRISE!" Echoes around the VIP area of the club.

I look around and see so many people I recognise, Max, George, Carmen, Alex, Lily, Lando and Raegan.

I quickly drop Charles' hand and run to hug my best friend.

"Happy belated Birthday bestie!" She yells, handing me a glass of champagne to start the evening.

One by one, people are coming over to me, wishing me a happy birthday and giving me drink after drink.

"Happy Birthday you mad one," says Max, giving me a shot of tequila and chinking glasses.

It isn't just hellos and happy birthdays I'm receiving, I'm being given gifts as well - more gifts, even from people whose gifts I had already received!

We ended up with a present table, full of gifts and greeting cards that had been collected for me. I had no idea I had this many friends in Formula 1 - either that or Raegan bribed them all.

I look around, I'd like to pretend I'm not looking for anyone in particular but I'm looking for Charles. I see him stood at the bar having a drink with Max, just as I spot him and look over, he looks over in my direction, he gives me a wink and I smile widely back at him as his attention turns back to his conversation.

I'm sat in a booth, and before I know it, I have company.. and another drink in my hand. Carmen slides into the booth besides me, and hands me yet another champagne - we all know how this night is gonna go.

"Hey babe, are you having fun?" She asks.

"SO much fun, I said I didn't want a party but... that was a lie, I'm loving this, and there are so many people here for me?!

"I know, he did such a good job of organising didn't he?" she responds.

"Honestly she did. She knows me too well. George looks like he is having a good night?" I point over to where George and Alex are doing the griddy, with Fernando Alonso.

"Honestly, it's just so funny when they get together with Fernando." she laughs.

"I should go and find Raegan, and thank her for everything." I look at Carmen, and she seems slightly confused, no idea what for. Maybe it is the griddy.

"Alright, see you later Li."

I pick up my fifth, or sixth drink? And walk around trying to find Raegan. I'm getting flashbacks to Monza trying to aimlessly find her, that is before I bump into a white T-Shirt, carefully avoiding my drink from spilling.

A strong hand grips round my waist and stops me from falling.

"Are you having a good night?" Charles whispers in my ear, spreading goosebumps over my entire body.

I pull away so I can look at him, his face is slightly flushed, looks like he's had as many shots and drinks as I have.

"Very good, everyone is being so nice and kind - Raegan did such a good job." I tell him, smiling.

"No, Liana.. Raegan didn't..." he starts, but my gaze quickly lands on my best friend, whose hair looks a bit messier than when I last saw her.

"RAEGAN," I shout over at her, her eyes meet mine and she comes running over.

"Sorry, I'll come find you later?" I tell Charles. His eyes look slightly sad, but he puts his hand on my arm, says okay, and walks back towards Max.

"LI LI," Shouts Raegan back at me.

We wrap our arms around each other and sway in embrace.

"It is my birthday party," I say.

"I know." she interrupts.