🎄CHRISTMAS EDITION 🎉

~ ps: In this chapter, it will be like Mara never had a fight with Devi and is still with Caleb. Please don't get confused.
Let's dig in...😘✌️

- Mara's POV -

All too soon, it's almost Christmas, three more days to it. Caleb travelled after we had the break he'd be back within these days to celebrate my yearly Christmas party. Its just that this year it will be my friends and I , not a bunch of old people who sometimes harassed me when my parents were not looking. They never even  believed me when I told them.  Aunt Claire has been dealing with the preparations even though she knows it's only my friends,  that's like only five of us. The businesses had been thriving and our workers were happy.  Aunt Claire added bonuses to their salary and Christmas gifts. Which was literally, a bag of rice and a litre of oil. Aunt Claire said it was most appreciated by Ghanaians. They actually looked happy. Devi went to the salon to get all dolled up. I stayed behind.  Delvis had stayed back to help aunt Claire with the cooking.  He looked handsome in his shirt and trousers. He had tuck in and looked nice and neat. I went towards them with a feather in my hands. I went behind aunt Claire and attacked her with the feather. She started giggling and scolding me. "Mara!, stop that this instant, no, no, please " She laughed.  Delvis just chuckled.  After sometime, I stopped and laughed along. "Gosh, aunt Claire,  you are so strong" I said. She just chuckled and went back to the kitchen. Luckily, Delvis made sure to make sure the food didn't burn. She smiled and cleared her throat. " You know, Clara and I always played like this when it was Christmas. Our mom would always cook with the helps and throw these big parties for family and friends." She turned to us with the smile off.
" Our mom would cook all types of rice,  Jollof, curry, fried, any other,  then she'd cook banku, fufu, boiled yam, all the local foods on our tips. I would sit at the kitchen watching it all. I remember how all cousins would come together and talk about everything and anything. We'd gossip and tell each other about our relationships and most expensive bags but your mom always had her own plans. She'd always go to your dad, They'd always get caught by our dad because some of the cousins couldn't keep their mouths shut. But they always found a way back till they married. I on the other hand just got pregnant and was the shame of the family . Listen carefully Mara, never have sex when you not ready. It destroys you and your va..." Aunt Claire was cut short by Delvis. I just laughed at the scene because it was amusing. I love that aunt Claire advised me sometimes,  it made me feel loved. I looked on as they continued cooking with aunt Claire occasionally leaning back to talk to me. With the side glances Delvis kept giving me or so I'm thinking. 
Devi came into the house , looking as good as she said. She was wearing Louis Vuitton dress and Gucci bag. She looked nice. I wanted to ask where she got all that money from but I got distracted when she went to Delvis to kiss him hard. He responded and chuckled.  They kept giggling as Devi waved at me. I turned to leave when I heard a voice. A voice I know too well. "Did anybody miss me?", "Caleb!" I shouted. I rushed to him and hugged him.

He did same before pulling back and kissing me softly but fast. Aunt Claire was not in the kitchen, I guess that's why we all kissing like that. A sense of relief pass through my body as Caleb hugged me again.  We broke apart when aunt Claire cleared her throat making all of us chuckled. "You are welcome, Caleb " She said hugging him. Caleb hugged back as we all went to shower to get ready for the get-together.

There was noise everywhere since Aunt Claire decided to invite some friends. They were talking ,laughing and eating. Just like auntie said.  Delvis, Devi, Caleb, some few other friends and I were done eating and were catching up. I got bored and stood up. I needed air. On the balcony,  my tears easily slipped. I wish my parents to see how much I had changed. I cleared my tears immediately I heard the door open I turned to see Caleb. He hugged me from behind and didn't ask anything,  just soft kisses on my neck and sweet words. "I'm here, I'll always be here for you" Caleb said. The tears I swallowed flowed out freely. I hope I never lose him...he knew what he should say at all issues , always solving it .
I turned with my face buried in his chest. He hugged me tighter and said..." Merry Christmas Mara, I love you", "I love you too" I said smiling...

I really did...

*********************
There you go, Christmas Edition. Hope you liked it. 👍 😘
The next chapter we'll l go back to the where we left off...stay safe and Meryy Christmas and a happy new year 🎉 ❤️🥲

Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow 🙏 😊