INVISIBLE 👻

I woke up to the touch of someone. Eww!, I hate touches. So I say the only thing that comes to mind. "Eww!, Get of me!" I shouted. The person jerked back leaving me in the process so I ended up crashing down. This person has got be kidding me. I whipped my head to watch them. There was the most annoying looking guy in my house. " Who the fuck hired you?!" I asked. He watched me amused and shocked for a brief time before covering it.

"I'm your new gardener." He nodded.

"Whatever!, help me in." I demanded...
" I can't believe you did that stupid thing again!, Mara this is Ghana, you better try to fit in!" Aunt Claire shouted frantically. I was actually happy I got this reaction. I'd drive her crazy out of here. So I did what annoys most. I gave a creepy sweet smile. She turned and saw me.

" My goodness!, Stella look at her, for fuck sake she has a smile on her face after jumping off that balcony like a suicide. What if she jumps a higher distance the next time?" She complained. First, I was just shocked she cursed and second, the cute, sorry annoying gardener was still there.

"Okay, okay, Claire I promise I'll not jump

again. I promise "I said actually meaning it. That's because the pain after it is too much. "Please leave now " I said. "But Mara,your food..." Aunt Claire started. "It's ok Claire, she'll come around. "Stella said as she pulled Claire out.

I watched the gardener." You still here I see." I said smiling. "Couldn't miss the fight " was all his deep but sweet voice said.

I chuckled, "Ok,what's your name tough guy?".I asked amused. " I'm Delvis. I even go to your school. " He said. "Heck no, you go to Capital High?" I asked a little shocked because I don't know a lot and he's a gardener how could he afford that.

"Yeah , your parents gave me a full time scholarship " He said smiling. Great another feed off..." oh ok...so then would I

see you in college because its next week?" I asked. We were done with basics and moving to the college to complete the course. Mom and Dad wanted an American based curriculum. "Yeah actually, my pay from here and there and the half scholarship your parents gave again will help." He said. "That's strange, what did they get from you for such reward." I asked.

" A question for another day." He said smiling and coming closer to me. I bit my bottom lip watching him silently as his muscles moved under the tight shirt he had on. For a gardener , He smelt good.

"You better get a condom!" Aunt Claire shouted. I blushed with embarrassment. "God!, Claire! ,Let me be!" I laughed.

Delvis watched me amused. "I guess you bring a lot in here". I laughed, nope I don't. But I don't have to tell him. I have to get going Mara, I'll see you around?" He said. " Ofcourse" I said.

He got out from the window and jumped down the balcony. I laughed. Yeah classic.
"My God, Mara are you okay?." I raised my head to see Devi watching me. Oh hell no.

"Get the fuck out of my house, my room!" I shouted. "How dare you!, you've got some nerves coming back. You abandoned me and now you're back? .Where are the rest? You conniving bitches!" I shouted.

"Mara!, no one came. Its only me. I can never leave you Mara. You are my best friend since childhood way before Kholé

and Goldy came in. I love you so much. I can never leave you. I just can't " She broke down. I watched her as she cried. "But you left me." I said.

" No I cannot, you are my only family left Mara. I have only you." She was now on the bed hugging me. I cried also. " I thought you left Devi, I thought you left." I hugged her back and we cried till late night.

We ended up binge watching movies and eating snacks and junk foods. I missed my friend, my best friend.

I woke up to the sound of the shower. " Devi?" I called out groaning. I'm not a morning person. She came out smiling " Hi girlfriend!" " Why didn't you go back home?" I asked. " So what's up for today"

she asked. " Devi,  Is something wrong?" I asked. She gave out a sigh. " Well actually yes, Grandpa is owing again and they came to take all our stuff,they are also threatening to take the house Mara, I was so scared I left." She said with her head low.

" Oh, I'm so sorry. Don't worry you can stay" I said smiling. " Really?" She beamed. "Yeah, anything for my best friend." I said.

She jumped to me and hugged me." Thank you doll. I love you so much." She said .I chuckled...

"Yes!, we have to buy all those stuff for college, come on!" I said. In three days, we'd be off to the college. My parents built a college in the school so we'd be going there. I paid for all of Devi's fees till the end

of college. She was so happy. I hope things stay like this. That she'd not leave me like they did...

I decided to take a walk." You looking good you know " I startled . " My God, Delvis you scared me!" I laughed. " I'm sorry " He said.
" Nope, no need. How have you been?" I asked ." I'm okay, now that I've seen you."
" I see" I responded. " I bet you say that to all your girls " I said smiling. He laughed. " I actually do" He said nodding. I laughed along.

"I like you" He said. I looked at him. " Maybe, just maybe, I like you too"....

****************

That's another chapter 🙃
I'm sorry it's like this...this is just the introduction. It will start with the action and drama very soon😌😌
Bear with me

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share.🙏
Ilu😘