Ch. 5

Class ended and everyone rushed out through the door, escaping from the dull boredom of lecture that was an important education-but of course it's always the good student (me) who'd paid attention, figures.

"Ugh, for awhile there I thought my soul drifted to somewhere else." Said Sarah.

"You do realize I have to teach you the lessons you missed." I was disappointed after my arrival and saw her head resting on her arm, dozing off when she should be studying.

"Oh man!" She whined, "Why do we even have to learn some ancient dead war anyway? It's not like we're part of it."

"Because all those wars are part of the timeline that we never experienced and what it was like. The place, the clothes they wore, the food they eaten, weapons, which country was better, and who were the allies and who were the traitors.Those affect our lives and the developments of century."

"Stop Alex. I don't care all that you've said, I just want to clear my head."

Clear her head? What could possibly made her stressed when all she did was sleeping the whole time! Honestly, sometimes I want to scold and take her back to class until she becomes studious like me. But if I force her right here, she'll breakdown and cry putting me in an uncomfortable awkward position. Just think, a boy mistreating a girl and students watch you without knowing anything but assumed he abused her or worse.

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I exhaled and shrugged in a whatever manner. "If you fail and you won't graduate don't blame me when I did tried." I warned her, in return she gave me a sticking out tongue.

As we were heading for the next class, something felt intense around us that I had let my eyes roamed to any student that was here. I hear whispers that outreached my ears, I peeked and saw them being cautious and aware of me as if I'm a wild animal trapping the humans. But why would they? Although I'm happy because easier for my job but I'm a little offended and hurt that these people showed raw fear, undisguised.

"Why are they staring at me afraid?" I mumbled to Sarah, curiously. "Is it because of that fight with Zack? It's no big deal."

Sarah shook her head, denying. "It's not that. While you went with Jake, everyone thought you'll come back with bruises and bloody wounds on your face, but seeing that you came perfectly fine well...it completely took them by surprise and shocking. From what I heard, I guess Jake is some big leader of this school gang, is what they say true?"

I nodded and she said "wow" to herself. "Whatever you do Sarah, don't go stay anywhere near him and don't join whatever the hell he says."

"I won't." She promised. "Plus, as much the guy is hot, violence are so overrated."

I laughed shortly, delighted to hear and that I won't be to block her if she accept and went along with them. Do I not trust her? No. However, there were times where she disobeyed the house rules and rebelliously sneak off with her friends (know that they were all girls since Sarah use to be in an all-girls school). 

I remembered one time back when I was thirteen (Sarah twelve), it was nine PM which meant sleep curfew for only her. I checked her room seeing if she was asleep, the room was quiet and dark for my sight, it was strange that not a single snore or even breathing did I heard from a big lump that was hiding in bed. Highly suspicious I uncovered the sheets only to found out Sarah replaced herself with puffy pilllows. I panicked in alarm. Not only was I worried me failing and kicked out but mostly I had fears that someone took her unnoticed and hide her in a dark street where the slums and black markets established. Without reporting to Mr. Jack and master of her disappearance, I ran off outside alone, searching for her whereabouts in a utterly rush. The city was far if you measure the distance between the Caswell's home, yet, I can still run with my heart and breath in stable pace. I went to every frequent places she usually hang out first, no luck. The next thing, I asked around giving detail description of her looks and aspects, still no success. I never gave up because quitting was a foreign word in my vocabulary and I always was determined no matter the dire consequences.