Day 24- Mistletoe kiss (D.D.)

(TTrooney)Words count : 1,7k

(TTrooney)
Words count : 1,7k

Christmas held a special place in your heart, a cherished time of joy and tradition. It was a season that enveloped you in warmth, but since your mother's departure, it became a beacon of nostalgia, a time when you felt closest to her.

Your mother was the maestro behind the festive magic, orchestrating every detail with love and care. Her absence cast a bittersweet shadow, yet you found solace in the holiday spirit she had instilled in you. Decorating the tree, hanging stockings, and the aroma of freshly baked cookies all became avenues to connect with her memory.

Amidst the twinkling lights and carol melodies, there was one discordant note in your Christmas symphony – Damiano David. He had been your classmate and perpetual rival since childhood, an ever-present source of irritation. The tension between you two was palpable, and the entire school seemed to revel in your mutual disdain.

Despite your animosity, there was an unexpected twist to your relationship. Damiano's trio of friends – Victoria, Thomas, and Ethan – managed to break through the animosity, becoming a source of unexpected camaraderie. Their friendship brought a peculiar balance to the rivalry, creating a dynamic where you could begrudgingly appreciate Damiano's taste in companions.

The secret Santa added a new layer of tension to the already charged atmosphere between you and Damiano. Determined to maintain the holiday spirit, you embarked on a Saturday shopping expedition, hoping to find the perfect gift for your assigned classmate.

To your surprise, the trio – Victoria, Thomas, and Ethan – joined you in the bustling mall. Their infectious energy contrasted sharply with the discomfort that settled in when Damiano appeared. Attempting to keep things civil, you greeted them with a forced smile.

The air was thick with tension as you navigated the crowded aisles, searching for the perfect Secret Santa gift. The familiarity of the store, however, was disrupted by an unexpected encounter – Victoria, Thomas, Ethan, and, inevitably, Damiano.

"Y/n! What are you doing here?" Vic's voice rang out, and you exchanged a hesitant but genuine hug. "I'm looking for a present for the Secret Santa," you explained, hoping to steer the conversation away from potential conflict.

The trio expressed their excitement about the upcoming gift exchange, but Damiano couldn't resist injecting a dose of his usual cynicism. "I bet it's going to be shitty," he mumbled, and you managed to force a smile, though your eyes betrayed the annoyance.

"David! Didn't see you there. After all, you're so insignificant," you retorted, your attempt at sarcasm laced with thinly veiled hostility. The three others visibly tensed, sensing the familiar storm brewing between you and Damiano. The exchange of glares could have ignited a wildfire if it were fueled by intensity alone.

"I hope you'll have the worst present," Damiano sneered, and you shot back defiantly, "It'll sure be better as long as you're not my Secret Santa." The words hung in the air, a tangible challenge between rivals. If looks could kill, you'd be long dead under Damiano's piercing gaze.