Day 26- Fireplace (T.R.)

Words count : 1,9k

Falling in love with the wrong person was hard. Realizing it too late was harder.

You were the kind of person to give your whole entire heart, but to the wrong persons. Sometimes friends would warn you but would still go head first, and other times you weren't sure but still gave your whole entire self anyway. You would destroy yourself relationship after relationship. Sometimes Måneskin would get involved, but you could too easily forgive and forget. And it was hurting them to see such a beautiful person, who still gives the chance to love, but who destroys herself for it.

And that's when he stepped up, Thomas. He was always part of your life. And you had a small crush on him. You tried to forget about him and that's how you met your now ex. That man who would flip up your world, and not in a nice way.

It was heavily raining on the city that day. You had nowhere to go. He left, your family left. You had nobody. Except for maybe four people that you distanced yourself from, months ago. He didn't want you to hang out with the group, telling you they were a really bad influence on you and your mental health. And you listened to him, and he did the same thing with your family and the rest of your loved ones. So that at some points you only had him.

You walked for over an hour under the rain, not having the money to call a taxi. You finally arrived at the door. And you stood there for long minutes. Were they even here ? Would they even let you in ? Did you deserve them ? Did they deserve being brought into such mess ? You quickly took a decision and rang the bell. You waited for a long time but nobody came.

You sighed and started to walk down the small porch. You were about to join back the street when a voice spoke up. "Y/n..?" You turned around and saw Vic, standing at the door. You smiled timidly at her. "Hey..." She now has the confirmation that it was you. "Dio mio. You're soaked ! Come in !" She urged you, taking you by the hand and dragging you inside. When you got in, she barked at someone upstairs to bring some towels. She brought you to the living room.

Damiano was slouched on the couch with Thomas, watching football. They turned around and their eyes widened when they recognized you. They jumped from their seats to join you and Vic. "Y/n ! What happened ?" "Are you okay ? Are you hurt ?" The two of them said at the same time. Vic brought you to the couch to sit you down. At the same moment, Ethan appeared in the room, holding some towels. He understood the situation and put them around your shoulders, rubbing your arms to warm you up. They were taking care of you like some fragil glass. They continued their worries ramble, and you stared blankly at them. How could they still care so much when you ghosted them for months ?

All the feelings suddenly came back and you burst into tears. They all stopped and Thomas hugged you close. They all tried to comfort you. For long minutes you were inconsolable. When there wasn't any tears left to cry, you were handed a glass of water and you took a sip. And then you started explaining. All the manipulation, being stuck and stupid. How life became all about him.

They did not interrupt you, and by the end you had your face buried in your hands. "I messed up so bad..." Your voice was breaking. "No you didn't, because now you're here with us. And we've already told you we forgive you." Ethan says softly. And you shake your head, not looking up. "No... You don't understand... There's a reason to why he left... And it's bad, really really bad..." you had to hold back a sob. They frowned in confusion.

"What is it ?" Ethan asked and for only response you gave a shake of head. "Come on n/n, you can tell us everything. We won't judge. We've seen you do bad things." Vic explains, smiling sadly. "Like vomiting in a security guard bad at a party." Thomas adds. "Or finding you asleep in your building elevator." Damiano nudges you. You smile slightly, remembering those times. "It's not the same thing..." "Then tell us, so we can help." You looked up to cross Thomas' eyes.