Day 31- Dreams do come true (D.D)

Words count : 2,6k

You remember the times you would skip class with him because he didn't feel like being put down by the history teacher. You would hang out on the roof, he got a way to force the door. You would stay like that, looking at Rome living.

"I wanna become a singer." He blurted out of nowhere. He first spoke about music in first grade, during an English presentation. You never would have expected that it would come back today, at 16. "You do ?" He turned to you. You saw the determination in his eyes, it was almost painful to watch. You sas his hopes, his dreams, right there written in his beautiful eyes. "Go for it." Was the only thing that you said. He visibly passed through multiple stages : shock, doubt then confidence.

"Really ?" "Yeah, why not ? I mean if you keep that determination I just saw, you'll achieve anything. And one day you'll say that to a journalist, that I was the first one to believe in you." You nudged him playfully but your smile faltered in realization. "Unless... You've told your girlfriend already..." You quietly suggested, of course he had done that. She was very important to him. But to your surprise he shook his head. "No I haven't. You're the only one."

You blushed a little, looking away. "Ah." 'Am I really the only one in your mind Damiano? Or am I even more in your heart ?' You thought to yourself. That question was quickly answered. "Why so surprised? You're my best friend after all."
Ha ! That's right. Best friend. You were the sympathetic, caring best friend. You stopped in your track.

"Well, next class is soon. Let's get going." He started to walk towards the door a'd you kept staring at the city. "N/n ? You're coming ?" "Mmm... I'll be right there with you, go on." You heard him leave.
When did you start to hate being his best friend ? How did that happen ? What happened ? You joined him.

You were in love with him. From the very beginning you were. He was your friend, he treated you like his sister. And it was nice to be someone he cared about, even if you weren't in the place you wanted to be in his heart.

You remember helping him with the group to settle their street show. You helped him improve his English. You helped him meet managers. And you were also there when he needed comfort after their music was being rejected, again.

He was sprawled on your bed. "N/n this is awful." "It's going to be okay Dams." Je sighed, emtpying his lungs. "Maybe we should stop." Your head snapped towards him and you quickly walked over. Grabbing him by his shoulders. "I forbid you ! I forbid you, to ever think like that ! You hear me ?!" He was stunned by your sudden outburst. "You, Damiano David, are the most talented guy I know. This path is your destiny, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I can't promise you this will be easy but you have to at least try."

He looked down a little. "But they said-" "I don't care of what they said or thought ! Having people not agreeing with what you do is a sign that you're doing something right. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day you'll be the greatest star you've always wished to be. Dreams come true Dami." You took a deep breath after your rant. A small smile tugged at his lips. "Thank you n/n, you're really the greatest friend I could have." Your breath hitched. He got up from the bed. "I'll go talk to the guys, I'll call you later ! Bye !" And he left your bedroom. You clenched your teeth in a force smile.

Still that fucking name coming back. Best friend. You were always there in the corner of the photo, unseen but still standing. And it hurts like hell.

It hurts to see him ask another girl for the school dance. It hurts to see him gushing over his relationships. It hurts to be his friend, his best friend.