Day 17- Encouraging s/o to achieve a goal (E.T.)

Words count : 1,5k

You were pretty, like stunningly pretty. People would sometimes turn around when you walked past them.
Only problem. You were oblivious to it. Like totally. It was sometimes funny and frustrating for your friends. And sometimes you miss on some opportunities. Like, if Damiano hadn't asked for your number at a party for his friend. You would have never guessed your now current boyfriend, had flashed on you.

It was crazy for Ethan that he got to even speak with you. You were perfect and he was absolutely sure there was no way you would be single. Yet, you were, all thanks to your obliviousness.
But it wasn't only that, you were also very insecure about yourself.

What made you that way ? Your stepmother. She always hated you for being the first child of your father. She was very jealous of your mother who was your father's ever lasting love. Of course he loved her, but it would never be like your mother and having the proof of their love right in front of her face wasn't something she could handle. She had a daughter with your father. And you loved her very dearly, even if your stepmother always laid out the two of you in comparison.

Your sister was perfectly build and sometimes you felt like you were never enough. You would look at yourself until tears would come in their own. During spring you would starve yourself to reach a goal for the summer. Checking after every meal of the day if you had taken or lose weight, staring at your stretch marks, doing an excessive amount of sport.

And Ethan came out on that when he begun going out with you. You were like a scared hurt cat, you just needed loads of support and reassurance. But it never went to get so he would do things like hide the calories on stuff so you would eat without shame.

Summer was approaching and you started to eat less and less, this time without Ethan noticing. Some friends saw how drastically your body was changing and you just brushed off, saying it was in your genes and you had to eat more to stay at a proper weight. But they only saw the top of the iceberg.

You had seen your stepmother during a family dinner. Ethan couldn't come to support you that day so you were an open prey for the awful woman. You tried to stay with your dad as much as possible, but he couldn't stop presenting you to his friends' sons, that clearly didn't want to be there. He always thought your relationship with Ethan wouldn't last with his very unstable lifestyle. But at one point of the party, you stayed alone and she cornered you. She mocked your achievements, saying no one would stay with someone like you and that you should give Ethan to your sister so he wouldn't embarrass himself with such a drag.

You left the party, crying. And you never told Ethan about the incident. Too ashamed of the fact that your stepmother was right, he would get embarrassed of such a girl like you and eventually get bored. And it continued, you got thinner and thinner, hiding under large shirts. You were falling into the deep ends and you couldn't stop it, even with how much you wanted it.

It was a hot afternoon.
You were now hanging out with the guys around the pool after lunch. You were reading under a parasol with a shirt. You had slipped on a bikini, for the effort, not planning on putting it to use.

Vic was playing in the water with Thomas. Ethan was doing breaststroke across the water and Damiano was sitting, feet in the water, tanning. "Y/n come in the water." Damiano proposed and you just shook your head. "But just after eating, sorry." Lake excuse I know. After a few seconds, you noticed a soaked Vic standing in front of you. "Dami was asking, but I'm not. Especially when you are wearing the bikini we chose together." She started to drag you a little as you politely refused. You couldn't debate much with how weak your body was. Thomas came up behind you to tickle you and distract you. She started to undo your shirt as you laughed. And it fell off your body. You felt them stop in their track, taking in your frail form.

You frowned and turned to see that Damiano and Ethan had the same reaction. Ethan was frowning, knowing what might be the cause of it, considering your family's past. You knew you had gotten thinner, but you never saw the extent of it. The bikini you had bought with Vic only two months ago was barely fitting you anymore, threatening of falling off. Your arms and shoulders were showing the bones.

You stood awkwardly before clearing your throat. "I need water, I'll be back." And you escaped the scene. No one tried to hold you back, too stunned by how your body has gotten. You hid in Ethan's room, sitting in the bed and staring into space. He entered shortly after, he was still wet from being in the pool only moments before. "How long ?" He said after a long silence. His voice was off, and hurt. "I don't even know. Years maybe ? It just got worse a few months ago..." It felt good to admit it to the man you loved. "Why ?"

You looked up at him, tears of anger brewing your vision. "Why ? You ask me why ? Because I hate myself Ethan ! I can't look at my reflection without being disgusted by it ! I don't feel okay with how I'm turning out. And everyday feels like a nightmare because I'm scared you'll realize you deserve prettier, skinner, with more forms !" It was the first time you ever snapped at him, or at someone about this subject. You fell back on the bed, hiding your face in your hands. He stayed silent for a little, to the point you wonder if he hasn't already left.

He took your hand and guided you in front of a mirror. You turned your head away, not daring to look at yourself. But he took your chin and gently forced you to look. "Now. Tell me what you see ?" You scoffed a little. You didn't feel like yourself. That person wasn't you. "I see an awfully ugly girl. She's too fat, she has weird body structure, she's-", "okay, stop stop ! Here's what I see. I see a wonderful woman. With every qualities a human being can have. I see the girl I had a huge crush on at that party the 12th of November 2022. So much that I sent Damiano to ask her if she had a number to give. I didn't want anyone else but her from the moment she stepped in, and I still do. She has a cute mole right there. She's plump where she should be, I love to lay on her thighs, I can pinch her cute cheeks when she blushes because of me, I can kiss here perfectly shaped lips." He ponctuated with pinching you thigh and pecking your lips. Your chuckle was wavery with tears. He hugged your tightly from behind.

"It hurts me to see that you don't even know how stunning you are." Tears were now streaming down you cheeks. "I want to get better Ethan. I truly do." He nodded, understanding you as best as he could.

"It's important to remember that beauty standards are just that, standards, and they don't reflect who you are as a person or your worth. You are more than just your body, and it's important to focus on your internal qualities and attributes that make you special and unique. You are valuable, unique, and worthy of love and respect, regardless of your physical appearance." You started to feel a little better, now that he knew. It was going to be okay. "Now, let's have some fun to start our journey." He proposed his hand and you didn't hesitate to take it.

That evening, he prepared your favourite and displayed a small portion to start. He left you to try on your own for a little. You try to take a bite but the fork can't make the journey to your mouth. You feel a put in your stomach. "I know what your stepmother said." You heard him interject, making you drop your covers. "How-" "Your sister told me. And honestly I'm never letting you go back home alone. She's a god awful woman and she's lucky to have you and your half-sister." He was rubbing your back soothingly.

"We're gonna get through it bella. I love you for who you are. Focus on that first. Focus on moving yourself too..." he took the fork in his hand and you took it. You stared at the bit of food and slowly brought it back to your mouth. You chewed a little before finally swallowing. You felt proud of yourself from just that gesture and seeing Ethan proud to was making it doubly worth it.

It might take some time. But soon you'll be able to go past this, and everything we turn out fine in the end.

Thanks for reading. You're all beautiful! See ya tomorrow loves <3
XOXO