Chapter-31

Taehyung peered at Jieun intensely and she was expecting him to be shocked to know his deepest secret but he was smart enough to know that only his father has courage to open his secret and past. She blinked slowly and passed her tiny smile while slumping her shoulder. "Was he?. She must have a reason to leave you and your father".  she thought she had found the perfect way to hurt him, she brought up his mother's topic, knowing how sensitive that topic was for him.

As the words left her mouth, she waited for his reaction, expecting anger or sadness. But to her surprise, he didn't flinch. Instead, he maintained his composure, his expression turning into a slight smirk. He chuckled softly, almost as if he found her attempt amusing.

"Yeah my mother had reason to leave us but what reason did your mother have?".
As he mentioned her past, her heart tightened. The room fell silent, tension thick in the air. Her husband tilted his head, his eyes fixed on her with an intense gaze. Her throat went dry, feeling vulnerable under his penetrating stare.

"I wish my father was actually like me........then my mother would not even dare to take a breath without his permission". She grasped the sheet in her fist tightly and dropped her gaze down. She felt her defeat terribly. Taehyung had no weakness and hurting him seemed impossible because nothing affected him. He was the real definition of a stone hearted person.

"My father was exactly opposite to me and she took advantage of his kindness........she left us just because she wanted d*ck inside her 24/7 but my father was madly in love with her, he always worked hard to give us luxurious life but she was wh*re and one day she left us for another man......love is bullshit, my father turned so weak because of that woman".

She could sense the stability in his voice, as if it were just another casual topic for him. It was disconcerting to witness how effortlessly he unveiled his past without a hint of tremor in his words. "What about your mother, Angel?". Her heart shattered when he mentioned her mother, a jolt of emotion coursing through her.

But what startled her even more was when he suddenly gripped her chin between his fingers, gently lifting her face to meet his gaze. A mischievous smirk played on his lips, adding an air of mystery to the moment. Her heart raced as she tried to decipher his intentions. "Your mother must have a reason too, why did she leave you". The room seemed to shrink around them, her silence amplifying the weight of her unspoken pain. His eyes locked with hers, holding her captive in their intensity.

"I know that reason too". With a mixture of anticipation and trepidation, she awaited him. What secrets lay behind that smirk? What did he want to reveal?. "Your mother was r@ped, she was embarrassed and too disturbed at that time, she was alone at that time". Her heart fell deep into her stomach while tears fell down her eyes looking straight at his blank eyes. She just knew her mother died because of hara but she didn't know. Horrible happened to her mother and guilt washed over her that she wasn't with her mother.

"Now you know the reason too".   Taehyung left her chin slowly with a tilted head with a light smirk and she stuttered with a broken voice. "P-please stop, i-i can't listen to anything anymore". The room was filled with a mix of tension and vulnerability. She sat there, her eyes filled with frustration, guilt, and misery. Thoughts of her mother's condition without her raced through her mind, intensifying her emotions.

As she took a shaky breath, her heart skipped a beat when Taehyung, sensing her distress, gently cupped the back of her head, drawing her closer. In that moment, time seemed to stand still as he pulled her into the warmth of his naked chest. His other arm wrapped around her shoulder, creating a protective embrace that offered solace and comfort. "It will not bother me how many times you mention my mother but trust me angel, it will haunt you if I mention your mother".