"Door by the left," before he finished, my feet darted to where he pointed. My mind was clouded with the possible way I ended up in his bedroom, and the stupid things I might have done.

I needed to process what happened after we left the club, but the image of his bare-crafted body in my head was too stubborn to let me think. I went on with my business, hoping to get out of his apartment as fast as I could.

I walked back into his bedroom, and upon finding out Nicklaus wasn't there anymore. I felt a little relieved. I grabbed my purse from the nightstand, and my shoes off the floor. Quietly, I walked out, hoping to race back to my apartment once I was out of his.

I had never been drunk without doing at least one stupid thing, Maya even had to record some for evidence back home. I wouldn't want to face whatever it was I did, not with Nicklaus. I was going to race down to my apartment. But my little sneaky movement was cut short when another throat clearing filled the air. I whipped my face in its direction and found the now-clothed Nicklaus behind the kitchen Island, a smirk edging the corner of his lips.

God, why would a human being look so fine in this early hour of the morning?

"Hey," I smiled, my cheeks flushed at how embarrassed I was feeling.

Slowly, I swivelled my body. My nose welcomed the aroma that filled the space, and my stomach rumbled in hunger. Not knowing what next to do since I and Nicklaus were now staring at each other once again, I awkwardly walked towards his kitchen, pressing my lips together.

"Were you trying to sneak out just now?" He asked, dropping a cup of coffee on the island top, and my eyes darted around his messy kitchen. It was evident he barely cooked all his life.

I halted in front of the kitchen island, "What? No." I said, avoiding his gaze.

His Kitchen was just as large as mine, which I also hadn't used much since I moved in, but unlike mine, every damn cabinet in here was black.

"Good. Now, why don't you have coffee first." He said, pointing at the cup as he stared intently at me, I quietly sat on the stool, my mind clouded with the possible things that might have happened last night. Even though I did get messy when drunk, last night, my drinking wasn't even that bad or was it? "Do you feel good?" He asked, and I placed my palm on my forehead.

"A little headache but I will be fine," I said, my eyes helplessly falling on his lower body again. I hoped I wasn't making it obvious.

His lips perked up, "Are you checking me out again, Muna?" He leaned into the kitchen island top, his smirking face pulling closer to mine and my cheeks flushed at the closeness of our faces. I gulped before quickly taking a sip from the coffee but the hotness had me almost spitting it back out.

"Oh my God," I swallowed forcefully and Nicklaus's smirk grew wider, his eyes dancing between mine.

"Easy, Love. It's a hot coffee," He rasped and I swallowed. I was beginning to like that nickname, and it wasn't a good thing at all.

My eyes fell on the island's surface, and the redness at his right-hand knuckles reminded me of the events from last night. I focused my attention back on his face, feeling bad for trying to sneak out without saying a proper 'thank you' to him.

"Does it hurt?" I asked, pointing at his knuckles, and he darted his gaze down and back to me.

"Nah, so you remembered?" He asked and I nodded curtly.