chapter 5; no hard feelings

note: woooowee! i'm so proud of you for putting up with me

note: woooowee! i'm so proud of you for putting up with me. as promised, there's a whole lot more levi action coming up

___________

After Erwin diffused the situation, you agreed to go with them. You handed over your weapons and let them put you in handcuffs for the time being. Erwin was a smart man, and not all too trusting. You couldn't blame him though. Your introduction didn't quite go as you had been planning.

The violence that you had committed against those soldiers was a horrible first impression, and you wouldn't be surprised if some people have a personal vendetta against you now. You shifted uncomfortably in your seat, your handcuffs beginning to chafe. You sat in the same cart as the boy from earlier whom you later found out was Eren. Across from you sat Levi, and the other girl from earlier, Mikasa.

She stared daggers into direction, and you returned the favor. Matter of fact, everyone around you casted uneasy glances in your direction. Fine. It didn't offend you. You aren't the most trusting of these people just yet, either.

You hadn't been introduced to the rest of the soldiers just yet, and you had a feeling you wouldn't get a warm welcome now. But from what you could gather, the blonde boy driving the cart was named Armin. There were two gray haired kids, Jean and Connie, that rode on either side of you. The timid girl, Sasha, avoided your gaze like the plague. The poor girl was so skiddish, you were sure any sudden movement from you would make her piss herself.

Then there were two girls, Ymir and Christa, and two boys, Reiner and Bertholdt. There was deafening silence as you all continued your trek back to the walls. Only the sound of hoofbeats and wagon wheels filled the air.

The silence continued for a while longer until Erwin ordered everyone to stop and rest.

You were allowed to stand and stretch, under close watch from the runt. He took his job seriously, his gaze was so intense it gave you the creeps. You tried to ignore him, as you leaned against the side of the wagon. You leaned your head back and soaked in the setting sun. You were closer to finding your brother than you had ever been. Thinking about it almost made these handcuffs bearable.

Erwin was a few feet in front of you, discussing matters with a brunette person. They had their hair pulled back into an updo and their glasses reflected in the sun.

"Um, s-sir?" A red headed soldier approached the Commander and his companion. "My name is Joseph, sir. I, um.., I haven't been able to find my friend since we left the forest. I was wondering if you had any reports on him?"

Erwin turned to him, "What is the name of your friend, Joseph?"

"Elijah Princeton, sir."

A small frown formed on Erwin's face, "I have not heard anything of Elijah. I'm sorry."

Joseph looked down, not knowing what else to say.

You straightened up off of the wagon, "Oi, Joseph."