14 - Mistresses and Mistakes.

Start from the beginning

Water droplets trickled lazily from his dark blond, tousled hair, twisting their way down his perfectly sculpted torso. Even through the chaotic feelings bubbling inside me, I had to admit that Hector looked astoundingly attractive. Yet the sight of him only managed to aggravate the flames of my disappointment. And I honestly didn't have a damn clue as to why that was.

"Yes, Frankie? Anything I can help you with?" Hector questioned, an evident hint of annoyance creeping into his tone. Not particularly keen on having his peaceful morning interrupted.

"Conor's been trying to reach you all morning. It's urgent," I ground out, whipping around to stride back towards the elevator, ready to make my quick exit.

"Tell him I'll call him back," he retorted nonchalantly, waving me off.

I paused for a second, too infuriated by his careless indifference. "You have a fucking phone. Learn to use it!" I yelled back, stepping inside the elevator before letting the doors close between us.

In the temporary solitude of the elevator, I let myself crumble, leaning against the mirrored walls as I rubbed at my temples. I let the anger drain from me as the doors slid shut on my back.

Honestly, what on earth was wrong with me?

I was peeved at Marqus for allowing Frankie to waltz in without notifying me first

I was peeved at Marqus for allowing Frankie to waltz in without notifying me first. Still, I couldn't really blame him, could I? After all, I hadn't anticipated her seeing me in a rather undressed state, with another woman to boot. But then again, did I really care when it was clear she didn't give a fuck about me?

Evidently, I had forgotten my phone at the club, a fact I didn't realize until Frankie stopped by my place. She mentioned that Conor had been trying to get in touch with me urgently and I had to call him back.

At that moment, Goat and Zane strode into the room, anger radiating from them.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Zane huffed, "Do me a solid man and don't ever make me deal with that fucking maniac again!"

I couldn't help but laugh at his dramatic facial expression. Turning to Goat, I asked him to fill me in.

"Not much," he replied casually, "Just some stiff who won't do business with folks he doesn't dig."

"He's a fucking madman!" Zane spewed out.

His antics made me chuckle even more. Avoiding the cushion he flung in my direction, I rose from my seat and announced, "Let's move."

"Do I really have to tag along?' Zane groaned.

Without skipping a beat, Goat and I turned to him, our expressions serious, "Yes, Zane!" we responded together.

With a grunt of annoyance, he trailed after us. We hastily entered the waiting vehicles, headed to meet with the notorious Bill Valentine, better known as Chill Bill.