Ch. 40: The Aftermath

(Wow. Chapter 40 already.)

About an hour in a half goes by. You, Barnaby and Fantoccio are in the bathroom that's through a door in yours and Barnaby's room. You've all had the 'special' brownies and now... you're all high. You're sitting at the end of the tub. Barnaby's sitting on the floor and leaning back between the wall and the tub. He's got a chocolate bar in his wing. And Fantoccio... He's sitting back in the tub. 

You giggle a bit. Barnaby sighs and he snorts. He giggles and says, "Oh hoo hoo... I feel... relaxed." You stifle a laugh. He looks at you and he says, "Was there... something in those brownies?" You giggle. He looks at Fantoccio with his half-lidded eyes. The smirk on his face.

Fantoccio smirks and he chuckles weirdly saying, "I admit... That smaller brownie batch... I put weed it in, man." He giggles. Barnaby says, "Wow. Is that what... weed does to you? I... I feel... strange. So.... so..." You smirk and you say, "High?" 

Barnaby leans his head back and he lets out a heavier laughter. More of inappropriate laughter from being high. His eyes widen and he sits up saying, "Hoo hooo! Ha ha ha!" He sits back and he laughs. You grin and you say, "You're so fucking high, baby." He says, "Yeah, I know... but so are you two." He giggles.

Barnaby suddenly hears a door shutting and he gasps and sits up and says, "Did you guys hear that? Sounded like someone coming through the front door!" You laugh and you say, "You're just being paranoid, Barnaby! Ha ha ha!" You put your hands towards his direction and you say, "Aah! The crows are attacking you! Oh no!" He shivers. You say, "Don't you hate that?" 

He stands up and says, "I don't like it one bit! I..." He kicks a knee up and you stifle a laugh. Barnaby hears this, "Hello?!" He gasps and says, "G-g-ghost!" You stifle a laugh and you say, "Baby! You... you were a ghost at one point. Remember?" He says, "Oh... Oh yeah. That's right. I was. I-I'm not used to this with... being alive, again." Fantoccio's eyes widen and he says, "Is this the sink? Am I shrinking?!"

But now you hear it too and you recognize the voice being Billie's saying, "(Y/N)! Barnaby!" You say, "Wait... I hear something." Barnaby says, "I told yoooou.~" You hear footsteps and you hear Billie yelling, "Sorry to yell, but where are you guys?!" You say, "Billie?!" You hear this, "Yeah! It's me!" You say, "In here! In mine and Barnaby's bathroom! C-come in!" 

Also, the reason Billie's able to get inside your guys' manor is because you gave her access. Barnaby got a duplicate key made for Billie. It's as if you guys welcome her there without having to call, text or anything. She's grown on you guys so much that she's one of those so-called friends that just walks in and doesn't knock. But you trusted her fully.

You lean in to Barnaby and you quietly say, "She comes here a lot often because of me, doesn't she?" Barnaby says, "Can you blame her? She's got a crush on you and you are a hottie." You smile and you say, "Awe. You're so sweet.~" He smiles.

The door to your bedroom opens and you yell, "In the bathroom!" You see the door open and there's Billie. She sees you guys and she raises a brow. She says, "Uhh... Are you guys... alright?" You all giggle and Fantoccio says, "Hey, goat girl. Whazzup?" 

You sigh and you smile. Barnaby puts a wing up to his beak and he giggles. Billie notices something is off and she says, "Umm... Should I be concerned?" You beckon her over and she approaches you. 

You say, "You know when got you guys... brownies?" She nods and says, "Yeah. What about it?" You say, "Well... The rest of the brownies we couldn't finish... we gave to you, your mom and everyone else. We waited until our baby girl was asleep to umm... well... taste different brownies." 

She says, "Wait. Y-you mean like... brownies with weed in it or something?" Barnaby looks at Fantoccio and he says, "Fantyyyy! You didn't put marijuana in all of the brownies, did you? Cindy had a couple." Fantoccio sits up and says, "What? Why would I give a baby brownies with weed in them, man? Come on... I'm not that low." 

Barnaby says, "Oh." He sits back and says, "Phew." You say, "Trust me, baby. That's why he had her eat the brownies out of the bigger pan. That was the so-called... non-weed one. The small pan was for US to have later after Cindy was in bed." He looks at you and he says, "Did you know the entire time?" You say, "Yeah. Fanty told me he... wanted to see YOU get high."

He says, "Huh... You don't say." He shrugs and he sits back saying, "Oh well. At least this would help... with all of the horrible things that happen in the world." You nod and you say, "I agree a hundred percent, sweet thing. At least here in Goatshire it's legal. Cat Scales... Not so much. Assholes are so behind on times, man." You look at Billie and you say, "I'd offer you some if you were twenty-one." 

She says, "Wait. You let me have a sip of your booze one night." You say, "Oh shit... Yeah... That's right. I did." You shrug and you say, "At least our manor is like... three hundred feet away from the rest of Goatshire upon like, a hill. The balcony right outside mine and Barnaby's room... That shit is located on the opposite side of the village. But hey..." 

Billie looks at you. You look at her and you say, "It was a great view of the moon. Really bright and pretty." Billie smiles and says, "Yeah. It was. I guess I'll head back. I..." You say, "Billie." She looks at you. You say, "If you stay here for tonight... I'll give you a brownie. We have a couple left."

She says, "Oh no. Really, I..." You look at her and you say, "Would you turn down this brownie if I of all people asked of you?" She blushes and she looks away. You, Barnaby and Fantoccio all smirk. 

She looks at you and she says, "Fine... I'll do it. You did give me alcohol. And I've heard that alcohol is far more dangerous." You stand up and you say, "Come with me, Billie. I'll give you the last two brownies. BUT... You stay here for the night. Besides, it's Saturday." You walk out and Billie follows you. 

Fantoccio stifles a laugh and she says, "Ooh man, Barnaby. Your wife's such a good influence, isn't she? What if she's like this to Cindy, one day?" Barnaby says, "Oh, come now. Don't judge her. She like me was born to a mother who was extremely young and was the same way. Except... My own mother just smoked cigarettes. Even around me. Then again... back then, it was no big deal. Children would by cigarettes, then. I would get them from a drug store for my mom... all the time. It was the early 20th century, Fanty. It was all... still okay for kids to buy drugs and alcohol for their parents with a little note stating 'I hearby give my son/daughter permission to buy these for us' All of that.." 

Fantoccio says, "I get it. Back then it was all like... torches and pitchforks. No offense, Barnaby... but YOU come from a harder time. They would've tried to kill YOU for being an owl part of the like, LGBT and stuff. They didn't treat us like human beings then." Barnaby giggles and says, "Still. This makes me feel odd. Nothing bad... Seems good if anything. I actually feel kind of... hungry." 

Fantoccio says, "But you have the chocolate bar." Barnaby says, "Fanty. It was a fun size. I've already eaten it. I... I need more." Fantoccio sits up and says, "Yeah... Me too." Both the owl and the puppet leave the bathroom.